PDA

View Full Version : Late 6/1 Mid Report

FishingwithDave
06-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Got my order of bucktails and swim baits from StriperCandy.com so Sugar Bear and I headed down to the Mid early Saturday morning to do some recon and get some more time learning how to troll with the U-Rigs. Got there around 4:30 and there was just 3 vehicles ahead of us all jet ski guys who spent the night. Trolled the marina area several times as there really wasn't much boat traffic and picked up one smaller unit, a couple of other strikes and hung up in the weeds several times.

Headed over to Yellow Bar and found some Stripers, only they were micro dinks like this one.

We fed them for longer than we should have, but we did contribute to their future growth. Cruised around and tried a couple of other areas for nada and even tried drifting around Wingnut's buoy where we were marking fish around 60 feet, but didn't get any takers.

We watched that fire burning up there go from a tiny wisp of smoke early in the morning to this in the afternoon and there was a lot of ash coming down on us. The smoke did cover the sun and cooled us down, but it's unfortunate how devastating and how much area that fire has burned.

Was surprised that there wasn't many people fishing (maybe 6 boats and 2 were rentals) and that the lake lice weren't too bad. There was two Sheriff's boats patrolling Yellow Bar like every 15 minutes. Don't know if this is normal as I haven't fished the Mid on a Saturday in many years.

Looking forward to Striperfest. Is there a smallest fish trophy?

FWD

vampirebret
06-03-2013, 11:22 AM
That's the smallest striper I've seen all year. Keep the small ones coming. LOL

fishfinder
06-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Was surprised that there wasn't many people fishing (maybe 6 boats and 2 were rentals) and that the lake lice weren't too bad. There was two Sheriff's boats patrolling Yellow Bar like every 15 minutes. Don't know if this is normal as I haven't fished the Mid on a Saturday in many years.

FWD

No, usually they are in the office on youtube.

cutbait
06-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Where's the real report?

No one posts accurate info prior to tourney day

FishingwithDave
06-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Where's the real report?

No one posts accurate info prior to tourney day

That's funny .........

fishinone
06-04-2013, 07:05 AM
There is a smallest fish trophy but fishbones has a lock on it.