PDA

View Full Version : PV surf report

madbass
06-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Hit the beach yesterday morning with my brother and niether of us had any luck.
We probably started fishing around 530 with no one around but by 7. I was tossing the LC is the candie sardine and zebra sardine patterns with no luck. My brother was tossing swimbaits and he had no luck either. That's 5 weeks straight and not a single fish on the LC, my brothers trooper, he works long hours and manages to gets up early just to keep me company. We called a day by 830, way to many surfers again an there was some type of paddle boarding event so needless to say, we called it quits, too crowded. The weather was overcast but warm especially once the sun started peaking through the clouds. Waves were small, tons of salad which made It difficult at times. Hopefully I land a fish soon cus 5 weeks straight of fishing with no ish is getting kind of old. Might take a break from the surf, food thing the sports are scoring fish.

Alex.

bachiboy
06-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Tough going out there Alex. That area has been a little slow. Don't be afraid to start exploring new territory.:Wink:

Don

Wingnut
06-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Hang in there Alex... it was kinda tough out there this weekend for some reason. I didn't find the target species either. :Neutral:

madbass
06-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Tough going out there Alex. That area has been a little slow. Don't be afraid to start exploring new territory.:Wink:

Don

Hey Don. thats exactly what i told my brother after we started leaving the beach. I think I'm going to try some new places and change it up a bit. It's always nice to get out on the water and enjoy nature. it'll happen to me soon, I think i've paid my dues, hahahaha. thinkning of going up the coast, might have better luck up there. see you out on the water.

alex.

madbass
06-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Hang in there Alex... it was kinda tough out there this weekend for some reason. I didn't find the target species either. :Neutral:

hey Arthur,
I'm still hanging, dont know if thats a good thing, lol. I'm not giving up, I know that my day's coming soon, might not be a butt but I'm gonna land something on those LCs. I've gotten fish on swimbaits and other soft plastics but I want to feel the strike of fish on a LC, thast my goal! after that I'll redirect my efforts towards a butt. I'm still in the learning process, trying to look out for depressions and troughs or any type of strcuture that might hold fish. Like I told Don, its always nice to be on the water regardless of weather youre catching fish or not. hope to see you out there. good luck!!!!

Alex.

Homefish
06-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Don't give up MadBass! I hope it doesn't take you as long as its take'n me to get something on the LC, but I'm pretty much get'n someth'n every weekend now.

Good Luck,
Homefish

Bob_B
06-04-2013, 12:46 AM
You will get something soon, don't worry about it. The key is to stick with it and keep exploring new areas. I am pretty stubborn because the LC is pretty much all I fish in the surf these days. I will sometimes throw a swimbait but it takes a lot for me to switch to one. Your time is coming soon and I can't wait to see the first fish you land on it!

skunked4life
06-04-2013, 07:53 AM
It is you vs the fish right now. If you quit, the fish win. Now, you know that ain't gonna happen right? Keep at it. Try to target only structure. Even to this day, I like to just go out and blindly cast, but when my skunk streak begins to build, as it has for me too, I go out for 1 hour sessions by my self to try to learn the beach I am fishing.

Dlmoo312 used to tell me that he would go at ultra low tide and check out the holes and then come back and fish it at high tide. It has worked for me and should work for you. Make each trip meaningful. IF no fish, then study the structure. If no structure, then be thankful that you are out there instead of doing something that you really don't like. Look up at the warm sunny skies and let the Good Lord shine his warmth upon you as if He was smiling on upon your face.

madbass
06-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Don't give up MadBass! I hope it doesn't take you as long as its take'n me to get something on the LC, but I'm pretty much get'n someth'n every weekend now.

Good Luck,
Homefish

Thanks! I hope to land something soon. Thank you for the encouragement!

madbass
06-04-2013, 09:51 AM
It is you vs the fish right now. If you quit, they fish win. Now, you know that ain't gonna happen right? Keep at it. Try to target only structure. Even to this day, I like to just go out and blindly cast, but when my skunk streak begins to build, as it has for me too, I go out for 1 hour sessions by my self to try to learn the beach I am fishing.

Dlmoo312 used to tell me that he would go at ultra low tide and check out the holes and then come back and fish it at high tide. It has worked for me and should work for you. Make each trip meaningful. IF no fish, then study the structure. If no structure, then be thankful that you are out there instead of doing something that you really don't like. Look up at the warm sunny skies and let the Good Lord shine his warmth upon you as if He was smiling on upon your face.

This is very true, I do enjoy every minute out there. What I do need to learn is the tides, when is high tide and when is low tide and from there learn the structures is any. What's a good site to know the incoming/outgoing tides. This will help dramatically. Thanks for the kind words skunkedforlife!

Alex

skunked4life
06-04-2013, 10:19 AM
This is very true, I do enjoy every minute out there. What I do need to learn is the tides, when is high tide and when is low tide and from there learn the structures is any. What's a good site to know the incoming/outgoing tides. This will help dramatically. Thanks for the kind words skunkedforlife!

Alex

http://www.tides4fishing.com/

PTN
06-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the report Alex, it was slow for me also. Just keep trying and it'll pay off soon. Keep reading around for more info and it'll help speed up the learning curve. Ken is right on the dot with his advice :Smile:.

-Peter