PDA

View Full Version : Bullhead City Late June

Bassnman Mike
06-02-2013, 07:05 AM
In late June we are having a family reunion in Bullhead City AZ, yep its gonna be hot. I really want to do some fishing but dont have a clue where to fish.

I will be taking the Champion along because chances are very good that I'll be taking some relatives out fishing who dont ever fish so it will be quite the experience. I already have my Non-Resident AZ fishing license and NV Colorado River Stamp as will anyone else wanting to fish.

I figure we will fish Lake Mohave in the boat and do some shore fishing in the river. I give my word that all largemouth and smallmouth bass will be safely released however we would like to get a few stripers or crappie or catfish for dinner, if possible of course.

Anyhow, any and all tips would be greatly appreciated. If you prefer you can PM or email me.

fishermanx14
06-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Hey man, i live in bullhead and do a lot of fishing. A good place to hit up for some bass and big bluegill is laughlin bay. (look at my reports) I just went to the lake yesterday and saw some bluegill moving up to spawn but i didnt see any bass, my guess is that they are deeper trying to stay cool. Im sure if you threw some anchovies out in the river you could get a cat or a striper. I have only been here since september so i haven't had any real summer fishing under my belt.....You might be able to find some striper boils on the lake too. When you get into town stop by rivera marina and talk to rusty...really cool guy and he helps write reports/take pictures for the paper so he has a good idead of the fishing in the area. By the way its already 110 out here......any queations of anything shoot me a PM

Bassnman Mike
06-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. Yes, I have read your reports and was hoping you would chime in. I tried Googeling Laughlin Bay but couldnt find it, can you explain?

Also, when I come out, if your available and as long as the wife doesnt have too much planned, we could take the Champion out on Mohave and see about tearing them up.

Thanks again.