PDA

View Full Version : Grey light in the OC was wicked fun today 6_1_13

Slickwill43
06-01-2013, 01:24 PM
So I am not even sure how to describe the joy of this morning, first off we almost couldn't get to the beach because of a 5K race closing the streets
but we made it by 5 minutes and got a free spot in the normally expensive parking lot as a result of the race and "had" to stay for at least 2 hours while the race was on so that was awesome.

Setup our gear to finish off our frozen squid so did double dropper loops figure double the chances of a hookup.

First cast, WHAM!!! Double YFC on the line what! Holly heck that was awesome and landed both.

Pretty soon after the lines started getting hit all over for me and the boys, shark, ray, shovelnose, YFC what an awesome day!

Ended up 4 fishermen, 2 hours, 19 freaking fish!

Then last but definitely not least my buddy tosses the last squid head in and it gets hit hard and something is running, hes reeling, reeling, what is it??!!!!!
A really nice good sized Kelp/Calico (I think?) right in the middle of the surf, no structure for hundreds of yards, Awesome way to end.

Slickwill43
06-01-2013, 01:34 PM
For some reason cant get the YFC and other Shovelnose/Leo picks to upload properly but the three that posted are the best anyway

Wingnut
06-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Looks like you guys had a fun and very productive session, nice job! :Big Grin:

bloox8
06-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Very nice session guys!
I bet the level of JOY was off the roof after that two hour session.
You guys shouldve stuck it out and gone for another two hours lol
Thanks for the report

Thien

bachiboy
06-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Nice day out. Way to cap it all off with a nice calico!
Congrats!
Don

Sonnyyy
06-03-2013, 11:38 AM
Dang, two hours!? Thats a butt load of fun with 19 fish! Good stuff guys!

Homefish
06-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Wicked Fun! Love it! Go B's!
Later,
Homefish