PDA

View Full Version : Lake Gregory with my son. 5/28/13

ERICALF04
05-31-2013, 07:10 PM
Got off work early and head up to Lake Gregory with my son. Took him fishing for the first time. We didn't catch nothing. There was a older gentlemen there having fun with the carp. He cached and released about 6 really big ones. Does anyone know where a good spot to fish is around Lake Gregory? I was fishing right below the parking lot seemed pretty dead. or any lakes around the San Bernardino mountains with good action. I'm thinking of heading somewhere this Sunday.

Thanks

seal
06-01-2013, 07:25 AM
I wonder if that "older guy" was my friend, he fishes for carp on light gear out there all the time, although us "old guys" still think we're "young guys" lol!

ANGLER-IN-TRAINING
06-02-2013, 09:21 AM
I hope you have not left yet. Lake Gregory has been good to me in the past by the baseball fields. Just park there and walk north and anywhere along the shore is good. Caught bass, trout, and bluegill there. For trout use a long leader, maybe 3 feet.
Silverwood is good too. Just wa sthere yesterday and a buddy of mine caught a big bass.

The Fishing Queen
06-02-2013, 03:06 PM
In spite of what angler-in-training said above, the south shore is good for fishing as well. Big Bear Lake, Jenk's Lake and Green Valley Lake are pretty good fishing lakes if you live in SB.

ERICALF04
06-04-2013, 04:50 PM
I am going to give it a shot this coming up weekend. Thanks ANGLER-IN-TRAINING. :Smile:

ERICALF04
06-04-2013, 04:53 PM
I was up at Green Valley lake this past Sunday. The fishing was pretty good compared to Memorial weekend, I got skunked. Thanks for the advice THE FISHING QUEEN.