PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day

TheNotoriousSkunk
05-30-2013, 10:14 PM
Headed out Memorial Day for a couple new spots. Our first A.O. looked super fishy with tons of rocks. :Thumbs Up: As soon as we geared up I headed straight for the rocks down the beach and casted towards them. About 20 casts in.. Bam! This fish nailed my lure. I didn't think it was a butt and when I saw color I knew it was a sand bass right away. This was my first from the surf :Big Grin: I was super excited and took a couple pics and released it without measuring it but I would guess it was around 10-12". Skunk off! After that I took a few steps out on one of the rocks and could see 5-6 more bass sitting right on top of a submerged rock about 8' out. I threw 10 casts over them. Nothing. Switched colors.. 10 more casts. Still nothing. I just couldn't get any more to bite but it was awesome getting to just look at them. Maybe next time I'll be able to get a couple more! :Guns:

http://i43.tinypic.com/309kpxk.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2r7x4bo.jpg

dlmoo312
05-30-2013, 11:19 PM
Nice sandie! The last time I was out on the rocks I saw a group of calicos just like you mentioned hanging around a boiler rock. I think I spent a couple hours casting over it, trying different retrieves and lures, moving somewhere else and then coming back to it, but in the end not a single one was interested... Funny thing was that I caught a sandie too on my first cast right before which was my only bass for the day :Razz: I guess sometimes the fish just aren't hungry :Rolls Eyes:
Thanks for the report!

-Daniel

Bob_B
05-31-2013, 12:58 AM
:Big Grin: Nice Shake and Bake turd roller

bachiboy
05-31-2013, 10:34 AM
Nice job on the new surf species! It can be gut wrenching when you can see them and they just won't get with the program. You gave it a heck of a try and that's 'bout all you can do!:Wink:

Congrats!!!
Don

TheNotoriousSkunk
05-31-2013, 04:37 PM
dlmoo312 & bachiboy - I know what you guys mean!

Bob_B - Thanks :Cool:

Wingnut
06-01-2013, 03:50 PM
That's a nice Grumpy, good job! :Big Grin: