PDA

View Full Version : Your First Love, Give Intimate Details.

DockRat
05-30-2013, 07:10 PM
I got a 1958 VW Panel Van for $200 in 1974.
My mom came home and said " Who parked that old P O S van in our parking spot":Rolls Eyes:

We were living in a condo so I had to fess up and say it was mine. She said "You don't even have a drivers license" At 15 1/2 and addicted to surfing I told her the plan is to get it fixed up. That van went on many trips to Trestles, Malibu ect. Learned to work on it then went on to be a VW mechanic at 18 years old then worked on VWs for 8 years.

What was your first love ( Car ).
DR

Not the actual van but simular.

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/mdcooperuk/Blue%20Panel%20Van/DSC00481.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/mdcooperuk/media/Blue%20Panel%20Van/DSC00481.jpg.html)

casting call
05-30-2013, 07:20 PM
When I was a kid, my dad bought a beat up 1971 VW Super Beetle Champagne edition. It had an extra long nose, and was the first year VW put A/C on them. My dad, me and my brother spent a couple years restoring it in our garage on weekends and weeknights when we had time and my dad had money for parts. It was our first VW restore, so my dad took his time learning and rebuilding. Anyway, got the engine rebuilt, the interior re-upholstered and got it painted candy apple red. We kept it stock and it was immaculate except for the A/C. We never did get it to work. We had rebuild a couple more beetles after that, but nothing came close to that Champagne edition.
When I came home on leave after the first gulf war, my dad brought home a 76 beetle. It was in great condition. My dad had dropped by the junk yard and they had that bug for sale. 600 bucks and it needed absolutely zero work. Ended up selling it for 2500 dollars a few years later..lol

We also had a VW Bus growing up. I forgot what year it was. It was great, you could take the seats out, remove the rubber floor cover and wash the interior with a hose! My dads friend called it a loaf of bread, so that name stuck..haha.. The transmission blew going uphill loaded with some relatives that came to visit.

LbcLakers
05-30-2013, 07:21 PM

Not actual picture but looked exactly like this 1984 z28 T-tops all stock, bought it the summer going into my senior year in high school. Loved this car wish I still had it.

Didn't get as many girls in it as I did when the engine blew out and had to borrow my parents GMC van to drive till my camaro got fixed lol
Tv in it, bed in the back seat!!

Joshua
05-30-2013, 08:55 PM
I bought my 77 Chevy Blazer K5 when I was 16 1/2. For a full sized truck it could get down the road. many trips to the desert and mountains. Would take the top off and drive everywhere with the dogs. I had 2 Rottweilers and they loved to hang out the back. Finally broke down and sold it. It was a sad day. I miss my truck.

Picked up a new ride for my daughter and I about 2 years agao.. This el camino is older than I am by one year, but it is in better condition than I am. Had to be Silver and Black.

old pudd fisher
05-30-2013, 10:07 PM
It was a 1967 GTO. I worked hard to buy it and it was 2 years old at the time. Just being a crazy teen I pegged the speedometer one night on the 210 freeway coming home from my girl friends house. I had to sell it because the us Army was calling for me, nice car it was.

TUNAVIC
05-31-2013, 09:04 AM
Mine was a 1958 Impala,turquoise and white,I bought it in 1967,for 35.00 bucks,told my mom not to worry it didn't run anyway. Two weeks later after a battery,generator,and cleaned up carb,I was driving it up and down the driveway and around the block (no drivers license of course) kept it for a short time,and then sold it for 350.00 bucks,and so began my young life of buying and selling cars, how I wish I had some of them now,hey Puddfisher,I had a GTO myself,mine was a 1965 Black white interior and actually way to fast for the immature kid I was!

Cya TunaVic

DEVOREFLYER
05-31-2013, 09:54 AM
In the good “olde” days as a teen I had the good fortune of having an uncle that had a paint and body shop and another uncle that owned a speed shop so I had a few show and go cars over the years.
1. 1954 Ford Victoria hardtop. Metallic Jade green, 430 ci supercharged Lincoln motor, B&M Hydro tranny. 106mph in the quarter mile 13.56 et. Very fast for those days.
2. 1954 Chevy BelAir hardtop. Fuel injected 327 Corvette motor, four on the floor, frenched headlights, nosed and decked.
3. 1927 T Roadster street legal drag car. Bored and stroked small block Chevy engine (376 ci), GMC 561 blower, Argon fuel injection, B&M Hydro, Halibrand quick change rear end, American mag wheels, 12 spoker motorcycle rims on front, drag chute on the rear. I have lost the timing slip over the years but once did 162 mph in the quarter mile at Lions drag strip.
4. Old school 1940 Ford pickup. Tijuana pink in color, bull nosed louvered hood, chromed 36 Ford wire wheels, Offenheiser equipped flat head V8 with 3 duces. Cool cruiser it was.
5. 1958 Impala metallic Marimba Red, dual quad 409ci, B&M hydro, American mag wheels.
6. 1974 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400.
7. 1979 Pontiac Firebird TransAm.
8. Present toy a 1956 Austin Healey 100.

I wanted to have the front seat from the Impala Bronzed and put in the family room but my wife said "NO"!!!!!!:EyePop:

billy b
06-01-2013, 10:38 AM
It was a 1967 GTO. I worked hard to buy it and it was 2 years old at the time. Just being a crazy teen I pegged the speedometer one night on the 210 freeway coming home from my girl friends house. I had to sell it because the us Army was calling for me, nice car it was.

What part of the 210? ... that's some of my old turf ... lived in Arcadia for 30 years or so

billy b
06-01-2013, 10:44 AM
1966 LeMans convertible ... bought in 66 ... sold in 2007 ... honeymoon car ... get away car for my son at his wedding
... extremely clean + spoke rims ... orig - except for glass back window ... ready for someone to put it in show condition
Great parade car ... nice for SoCal ... glad I sold it before moving here to Northern Nevada where old cars are THE THING ... never would have sold it up here
Sold it to a person in Sweden

old pudd fisher
06-01-2013, 05:30 PM
What part of the 210? ... that's some of my old turf ... lived in Arcadia for 30 years or so

Just before Azusa I lived in Covina coming home at about 1:00 am it was 1969, what a dumb thing to do. Had two cars before that but the GTO was my first real love.

fishermanx14
06-04-2013, 09:26 PM
i just barley got my permit lol but everyday on the way to my highschool i see a 1967 cherry red mustang for sale.......i wish.. :(

phishin phool
06-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Heather Donaldson, her kisses were better than then the sex.....oh! We were talking about cars? '72 Toyota wagon surf mobile.....got me to Trestles and Salt Creek and back to the LBC on many adventures during High School:) Take me back to the good old days!!!!!!!!!!!

cutbait
06-05-2013, 06:03 AM
1967 Camaro. I will try and dig up a picture.

That car was a single mans dream.............................with the vibration of the engine throughout the whole car specifically the passenger seat. I named her fluffer

TroutOnly
06-05-2013, 06:20 AM
Carpboy you told me you named fts-gary fluffer after youre first visit to the pumphouse,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DockRat
06-05-2013, 06:54 AM
I named her fluffer

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l193/KhunDavid/Fluffer.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/KhunDavid/media/Fluffer.jpg.html)

If sex with 3 people is called a threesome, & sex with 2 people is called a twosome.

Now I understand what
Handsome means!!! :LOL:

DockRat
06-05-2013, 06:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9umwdE8VoY&feature=player_embedded

HawgZWylde
06-05-2013, 08:14 AM
'64 American Rambler station wagon. It had surfboard racks permanently tacked to the top...

HawgZWylde
06-05-2013, 08:18 AM
Heather Donaldson, her kisses were better than then the sex.....oh! We were talking about cars? '72 Toyota wagon surf mobile.....got me to Trestles and Salt Creek and back to the LBC on many adventures during High School:) Take me back to the good old days!!!!!!!!!!!

I was a local at Salt Creek and Trestles. I remember Creek without the parking lot let alone the Ritz Carlton. I remember perfect swell days with only a handful of guys out and grommets didn't exist because of the hike in. Indeed, those were the days...

Skyler
06-05-2013, 10:15 AM
A 1980 Mazda RX-7 I got for $800 when I was 18. By the time I was done with it, it was sporting a fire engine red paintjob with a white two-tone and racing stripes, lifted in the rear with a whale tail, full custom interior, plexiglass windows and full weight reduction, dual weber sidedraft carbs on a downdraft manifold, intake and exhaust port/polish, upgraded apex seals, MSD ignition, 2 3/4" racing beat headers into a 3" racing exhaust, 4 puck ceramic clutch, upgraded cooling system, and 70 shots of NOS. It was running mid 12's in the quarter. Probably could have hit 12 flat with a perfect start. Damn thing caught on fire. Broke my heart watching it burn. Luckily it only burned from the firewall back, so I was able to sell the motor and upgrades for like $5000. Now I'm more into 4x4's, but some day I will build another Mazda.

DarkShadow
06-05-2013, 02:42 PM
1977 Honda CVCC

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3289/2994183054_94b92d5e09_z.jpg

Paid $0 as it was gifted to me when I graduated high school. No more borrowing the parent's car!

It had the awesome Hondamatic automatic shifting, and a great case of knock off. The car would also stall randomly in the middle of intersections, and sometimes it would take 30 minutes to start up. It had an AM radio and it only got one station in Chinese. I would have to warn my passengers that the seat tilted sideways. And when they tried to lean that seat back? The whole thing would fall off the track! Sometimes the brakes would give out and I would have to pump them, and I had the rear view mirror attached with some duct tape. Broken tail light? For sure, I learned hand signals right away. Hopefully I would have a passenger and they would have to keep their knees up to keep the glove compartment door closed. Had many passengers complain of the seat springs poking them in the leg. No alignment made it kinda hard to steer too.

I finally killed it when we decided to take a road trip to the Bay Area. Didn't even get passed Pyramid Lake before something blew up. Never bothered fixing it.

Some things aren't fixable.

City Dad
06-05-2013, 04:23 PM
looked exactly like this except the paint was a little more oxidized and the stripes were cracking and there was a dent over the rear passenger-side wheel well. Set me back about seven-hundred bucks if I remember correctly.
http://www.fordpinto.com/classifieds/10743_23_12_11_12_19_29.jpeg

A babe sled without peer, it was game over when I rolled up to the gravel pit bumpin' the Scorpions with a back seat full of Matilda Bay.

Absolutely worthless in the snow.

phishin phool
06-05-2013, 09:20 PM
I was a local at Salt Creek and Trestles. I remember Creek without the parking lot let alone the Ritz Carlton. I remember perfect swell days with only a handful of guys out and grommets didn't exist because of the hike in. Indeed, those were the days...
Oh yeah man, I remember those days.....when it was just the green bluffs and no resorts and tourists....GOOD TIMES! I remember when I saw the "new" Salt Creek for the first time, after about 10 years of not surfing there and I was like...."what happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Totally sucks bro. But hey, look at HB now.................unbelievable............and a big bummer!

Marley
06-05-2013, 10:39 PM
She belonged to my brother, this little lady, but she showed so many of us a fun time. Everyone wanted the front, but the back was just as fun because one more guy could get in. She loved going to Big Bear and partying it up with her boys down at the dam. Pink Floyd and Popov (hey, none of us was legal so it all tasted good) were two of her treats and if we didn't buy that second tub of 'crawlers, we had enough money for a handful of limes. We'd sit next to her, back to back, taking in the heat coming off that big rear end. Nights with meteor showers were the best, almost caught one one night. But as I look back I think that particular one just might have been courtesy of the Popov.
She was almost as old as two of us combined and had come of age long before any of us even knew she existed, and she knew more of what a back seat could be used for than all of us put together. She was my brother's beloved Pinto hatchback. WAY good times!

old pudd fisher
06-05-2013, 10:54 PM
She belonged to my brother, this little lady, but she showed so many of us a fun time. Everyone wanted the front, but the back was just as fun because one more guy could get in. She loved going to Big Bear and partying it up with her boys down at the dam. Pink Floyd and Popov (hey, none of us was legal so it all tasted good) were two of her treats and if we didn't buy that second tub of 'crawlers, we had enough money for a handful of limes. We'd sit next to her, back to back, taking in the heat coming off that big rear end. Nights with meteor showers were the best, almost caught one one night. But as I look back I think that particular one just might have been courtesy of the Popov.
She was almost as old as two of us combined and had come of age long before any of us even knew she existed, and she knew more of what a back seat could be used for than all of us put together. She was my brother's beloved Pinto hatchback. WAY good times!

Yeah!! Never had one but sure do remember them, don't see them around much anymore.

I*B*CATCHIN
06-06-2013, 04:41 AM
That's a cool bus ...I'm a big fan of the one with safari windows .....you had scared when I first read the title :LOL:

I*B*CATCHIN
06-06-2013, 06:29 AM
1977 Honda CVCC

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3289/2994183054_94b92d5e09_z.jpg

Paid $0 as it was gifted to me when I graduated high school. No more borrowing the parent's car!

It had the awesome Hondamatic automatic shifting, and a great case of knock off. The car would also stall randomly in the middle of intersections, and sometimes it would take 30 minutes to start up. It had an AM radio and it only got one station in Chinese. I would have to warn my passengers that the seat tilted sideways. And when they tried to lean that seat back? The whole thing would fall off the track! Sometimes the brakes would give out and I would have to pump them, and I had the rear view mirror attached with some duct tape. Broken tail light? For sure, I learned hand signals right away. Hopefully I would have a passenger and they would have to keep their knees up to keep the glove compartment door closed. Had many passengers complain of the seat springs poking them in the leg. No alignment made it kinda hard to steer too.

I finally killed it when we decided to take a road trip to the Bay Area. Didn't even get passed Pyramid Lake before something blew up. Never bothered fixing it.

Some things aren't fixable.what's wtong flinstine power ....yabbba dabba doo:LOL: that car still looks good . New enengine, master cylinder & a rool of duct tape should be like brand new ....I had a 1980 civic hatch back that thig was fast & a wagon ....wish I still had the wagon ...because this f150 w/ a 5.4 is killing me @ the pump:Embarrassed:

DarkShadow
06-06-2013, 01:05 PM
what's wtong flinstine power ....yabbba dabba doo:LOL: that car still looks good . New enengine, master cylinder & a rool of duct tape should be like brand new ....I had a 1980 civic hatch back that thig was fast & a wagon ....wish I still had the wagon ...because this f150 w/ a 5.4 is killing me @ the pump:Embarrassed:

I remember filling up once a month it seemed like. Then again, when the car was only being used to drive your stoned friends to Jack in the Box down the street at 4 am, or to drive the cuties in your quad to the local frat party at 4 am, it made sense.

My current Tacoma? Not so much.

DEVOREFLYER
06-06-2013, 03:07 PM
For over forty years this beauty sat in my dad's garage when he bought it new in 1956, now it sits in my garage.

casting call
06-06-2013, 08:03 PM
For over forty years this beauty sat in my dad's garage when he bought it new in 1956, now it sits in my garage.

An Austin Healy? Are you kidding me? Thats sweet!

midgettosser1
06-10-2013, 12:31 PM
1987 Ford Taurus. Light taupe color.
It was 1995. I was a junior in HS. Ballin.

goose2foru
06-10-2013, 12:44 PM
it was 1986 I was 6 years old and I got good grades. who doesn't in first grade lol. this was my reward in first 20 mins I went over the bars and face first into a tree. still remember my mom yelling at my father. Loved this thing must of put 20,000 miles on it as I rode it every single day. I use to be able to get sparks to fly from the shocks bottoming out when I jumped it.... My parents still have it and runs great...

DockRat
06-11-2013, 06:41 AM

Is that a Triumph ? TR ?

Stalker Of Fish
06-11-2013, 08:20 AM
Dockrat, It's an Austin Healy.

My first love was a 1969 Mustang Fast Back . It was metal flake root beer brown with Centerline wheels,Traction Bars and had 47,000 miles on it in 1980 . I worked my butt off for two seasons on the family farm to earn the $2000.00 I needed .
Our neighbors daughter owned it . When she joined the navy they stored it in there barn . I delivered a tractor
my dad loaned them one day and saw it and fell in love with it at the age of 15.

HawgZWylde
06-11-2013, 07:30 PM
it was 1986 I was 6 years old and I got good grades. who doesn't in first grade lol. this was my reward in first 20 mins I went over the bars and face first into a tree. still remember my mom yelling at my father. Loved this thing must of put 20,000 miles on it as I rode it every single day. I use to be able to get sparks to fly from the shocks bottoming out when I jumped it.... My parents still have it and runs great...

Lol, my dad basically did the same for me except decades earlier. This was my first bike, a 1969 Yamaha AT1 125 and the first time we took it out was at Escape Country where there was a podium in the middle of the parking lot and every-time I tried to turn to avoid it, it jumped right back in my way. Indeed,the collision was heard around the world and my mom was ready to cash in on dad's life insurance policy. I had that bike until the '76 RM 125 came out. I finally had to stop riding 4 years ago because of disk problems in my neck due to years of riding. It was a damn good run though...

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae149/yamahamotorcycles/1969/1969YamahaAT11252007_01_08_bikep-1.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/yamahamotorcycles/media/1969/1969YamahaAT11252007_01_08_bikep-1.jpg.html)

Sorry, I have to ask, is your dad a wrench?

old pudd fisher
06-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Is that a Triumph ? TR ?

DR at one time I had a Triumph TR 4, the car sure was fun but small it was around 1979 I think.

casting call
06-11-2013, 08:42 PM
it was 1986 I was 6 years old and I got good grades. who doesn't in first grade lol.

Me........

old pudd fisher
06-11-2013, 09:31 PM
My first real street machine was a Yamaha 80 trail bike. In the 60's you could get a driving learner permit at age 15 and a half and it was ok and legal to ride a motor bike on the roads. I put a lot of miles on that bike.

DockRat
06-12-2013, 06:05 AM
Dockrat, It's an Austin Healy.

My first love was a 1969 Mustang Fast Back .
Nice ride. It that the one in the movie Bullet ?

That grill threw me off. My brother up north has a Bug Eye Sprite and a extra parts car.

DockRat
06-12-2013, 06:13 AM
My first real street machine was a Yamaha 80 trail bike.
I had a 197 ? Yamaha 90. Purple tank. Cool bike.
Thinking it was a 1971 ? Had it in high school.
Looked like this one.
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll132/FlashptA10/1Yamaha90HT1.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/FlashptA10/media/1Yamaha90HT1.jpg.html)

goose2foru
06-12-2013, 12:38 PM
HAWGZ sorry to hear you had to give up riding. For me there is no better mental escape from life then hoping on a 140hp sport bike and feeling the wind rush past me. Sorry guys i know this is suppose to be first love but i am posting a pic of my bike cause i fall in love every day i ride her. The car in the background is my girlfriends first love affair with a motor we jst got it a few weeks ago and know she finally understands a mans love with motors so awesome to see her smile when she hits the gas. Dam i feel blessed today. Hard work does pay off.

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s585/goose2foru/2013-06-11_12-15-55_522_zps7c47ea81.jpg

angelsfan951
06-12-2013, 12:47 PM
HAWGZ sorry to hear you had to give up riding. For me there is no better mental escape from life then hoping on a 140hp sport bike and feeling the wind rush past me. Sorry guys i know this is suppose to be first love but i am posting a pic of my bike cause i fall in love every day i ride her. The car in the background is my girlfriends first love affair with a motor we jst got it a few weeks ago and know she finally understands a mans love with motors so awesome to see her smile when she hits the gas. Dam i feel blessed today. Hard work does pay off.

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s585/goose2foru/2013-06-11_12-15-55_522_zps7c47ea81.jpg

car in the background huh? which one? that honda fit? or the scion xb? or maybe that econoline ? lol sorry just had to ask but I'm pretty sure u are refering to that porsche

goose2foru
06-12-2013, 12:56 PM
car in the background huh? which one? that honda fit? or the scion xb? or maybe that econoline ? lol sorry just had to ask but I'm pretty sure u are refering to that porsche

lol come on man it even matches my bike. :LOL:

Stalker Of Fish
06-13-2013, 01:43 AM
My first real street machine was a Yamaha 80 trail bike. In the 60's you could get a driving learner permit at age 15 and a half and it was ok and legal to ride a motor bike on the roads. I put a lot of miles on that bike.

It was the same in the early 80's at 15 1/2 I rode my Honda 90 trail bike to school no passengers were allowed or after dark privileges (legally) hee hee !

Stalker Of Fish
06-13-2013, 01:46 AM
Thanks , The car in bullet was a 66 fast back .