PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Long Beach

562Reefer
05-30-2013, 03:10 PM
Hey guys been a saltwater guy mostly and figured I'd try freshwater mote. After getting skunked in Lake Cachuma over Memorial Day Weekend, I figured I'm gonna need some help from the pros on this forum! I've dabbled with freshwater before when I go camping in Yosemite and Bridgeport and catching trout was pretty easy and El Do is not too far from me. I'm looking forward to read and learn from this guys on here.
Thanks!
Ed

esteban1t
05-30-2013, 05:51 PM
Hey ! im also from long beach , i usually go to irvine in the winter for trout, and occasionally in the summer for cats. and in the summer for trout i go to green valley lake and big bear, you should check those lakes out, they are all very nice.

562Reefer
05-31-2013, 07:08 AM
Hey Esteban1t. Thanks for the tip! Went out to El Dorado for bass for a couple hours and got skunked yesterday! :(

5150fishn
05-31-2013, 08:20 AM
Welcome to the site. Plenty of info to be had here. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

TUNAVIC
05-31-2013, 08:48 AM
Welcome 562Reefer,plenty freshwater info here,as it seems most guys who really love to fish do it all,once while fishing Cachuma Lake,I ran into a bunch of very proficient S/W guys including deckhands and A party boat captain,they said they recognized my skiff as it was the only one on the lake with a S/W gaff on it,in my defense it also served well as a boat hook for pushing off dock or holding it in position. Again Welcome!

Cya TunaVic

jicasiano
05-31-2013, 10:40 AM
Hey Esteban1t. Thanks for the tip! Went out to El Dorado for bass for a couple hours and got skunked yesterday! :(

El Dorado is a tough place for bass!! Plenty of fish in all the lakes but its ultra pressured!! I would try senkos and dropshot but keep at it, that place is known for skunks. And the locals there are usually friendly enough to share what's workin. Tight lines !

-b

562Reefer
05-31-2013, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I have to get use to some of the fish "lingos" in here. lol It's like another language! I'm been busy reading the forum/topics, gets me excited to go out fish again!

562Reefer
05-31-2013, 01:16 PM
BTW my name (562Reefer) refers to another hobby of mine which is keeping saltwater fish and corals.
Reefers or reef keepers is what we are called. Not a reference to "wacky tabacky". lol

Wingnut
06-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Welcome, glad to have you on board. :Cool:

skunked4life
06-04-2013, 10:27 AM
BTW my name (562Reefer) refers to another hobby of mine which is keeping saltwater fish and corals.
Reefers or reef keepers is what we are called. Not a reference to "wacky tabacky". lol

Good to know! Thanks for clearing the smoke! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: Welcome!