PDA

View Full Version : Fly Fishing this weekend. Need Help!!

ikeman
09-13-2007, 05:34 AM
Taking my Dad :D to the Sierra's from Orange County early this Fri AM to fly fish and camp. We will probably stop at Upper Owen's Fri. morning and am wondering about camping/fishing suggestions. Wondering how the San Joaquin is fishing and camping is in the Red's Meadow areas and the surrounding lakes and streams or base out of Lee Vining/Tioga (Big Bend or Aspen Campgrounds) and hit up Saddlebag, Twenty Lakes basin and would love to fish the East Walker, although I have heard the fish have been a bit stressed lately because of the water temps and low water. I have been to both areas and they both have much to offer, but I cant decide which area. My Dad live in Ga. and we only get up in this area together once a year and want to get the most out of a few days. He has never caught a golden so that would be fun. Strickly fly fishing this trip.
Anybody with suggestions on the current conditions and ideas, please help! :?: :?:

retired96
09-13-2007, 06:46 AM
I just came back from a 10 day trip fishing the Upper Owens, the fishing on the river was fantastic, It was literally 40-50 fish per day using flies and assorted lures.

I would advise on camping in some of the campgrounds in Rock Creek, there are few people up there now.

duffman
09-13-2007, 10:17 AM
i also just fished the owens...the bite was wide open on glow bugs and black nymphs.

have fun

FishSum
09-13-2007, 10:38 AM
If your going to fish the upper Owens stay at Browns campground
The fishing is wide open on everything right now....Flies,spinners
Panther Martins killed a week ago...

ikeman
09-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Thanks for all your input, gotta get some sleep. 3:30AM will come quick. I'll post results next week!