PDA

View Full Version : Pontoon rental

Mater
05-30-2013, 07:12 AM
Question for you experts. I will be around the June lake loop in late June and would like to rent a pontoon boat. I am not to familiar with the lakes. Their will be 8 on the boat including 4 boys under the age of 10. We want a large lake with good fishing, so we can move around and not crowd other fisherman. Thanks in advance for your tips.

billy b
05-30-2013, 07:28 AM
June Lake and Gull are wonderful lakes with wonderful marinas with excellent pontoons. Suggest you call ahead for a reservation. Silver and Grant to not have them the last I heard although they would be great to fish taking a couple of regular rentals out. Oh, be sure and eat at the Tiger Bar in June Lake ... and maybe the Silver Lake Cafe. Carson Peak Inn is great if you like an expensive dinner.

Be sure and report back ... and best of luck

Mater
05-31-2013, 09:40 AM
June Lake and Gull are wonderful lakes with wonderful marinas with excellent pontoons. Suggest you call ahead for a reservation. Silver and Grant to not have them the last I heard although they would be great to fish taking a couple of regular rentals out. Oh, be sure and eat at the Tiger Bar in June Lake ... and maybe the Silver Lake Cafe. Carson Peak Inn is great if you like an expensive dinner.

Be sure and report back ... and best of luck

Thanks for the advice. I am going to rent one on Gull. Kids and I cannot wait. Any spot better than others to fish on Gull??

billy b
05-31-2013, 01:54 PM
there's about 4-5 ... I usually ask the people inside that check you in ... and the guys that launch you. They're usually very helpful ... and they often tell you which bait inside the marina office and at the docks

B of luck