PDA

View Full Version : Skunked! 5/26

hamdenst
05-29-2013, 07:08 PM
Got to the Vine around 9am with my cousin. Was hoping to nab a few cats so we stocked up on mackeral, stinkbait, and crawlers. Fished from 9am-3 from various spots along the shoreline and not even a single bite all day! Conditions looked good so I had my hopes up but it was not to be. Saw one guy at the lagoon who had 2 nice sized cats on a stringer.

I hadn't been to the Vine in about 15 years (since I was a kid), and I was happy to see that it is still looking good. Staff was super friendly and constantly walking the lake making sure everyone was having a good time. Alot more than I can say for other local pay lakes...needless to say and regardless of the skunk, I WILL be returning! Although next time, hopefully with better luck! :Big Grin:

5150fishn
05-29-2013, 09:16 PM
It happens to the best of us. At times for no reason at all the skunk tracks us down at the lake. At least you had a positive experience and a good time. The staff is top notch and really do try to help everyone out. Glad you will be back at the Vine to knock that skunk away. Thanks for the report!