PDA

View Full Version : Float tube air pressure question

Fishingkid97
05-29-2013, 06:36 PM
I have a caddis Nevada I only have 2 trips on it. My first trip I went to Perris solo I had an awesome day crushing the bass so I decided to go out the next day with my buddy it was his first trip on his new tube he has a caddis navigator we fished approx. 5 hours but I noticed my tube after 2 hours seemed lower on air then it was when I began both days the second time out I didn't notice my buddy's tube lower on air. I figured it was just the cold water cooling the air in the tube?i have aired it up at home and let it sit and haven't noticed any air loss. I don't hear any leaks it never gets flat just lower on air. I like how it sits in the water when it's full of air. Does anyone have this problem? Do you carry a battery operated pump with you? Thanks for all the advice

LGHT
05-29-2013, 06:52 PM
I usually fill it up 90% of the way until i'm on the water and just give it a few hand pumps from a small pump to get it nice and full because hot / cold can cause the tube to get bigger / smaller. If you can try getting it in calm water and sit in it and see if you can see bubbles. You may have a pin hole leak that only shows when someone is in it and you have weight on the tube.

Fishingkid97
05-30-2013, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the idea ill try it out tonight. I plan to fish from it tomorrow hopefully there's no issues.

LGHT
05-30-2013, 05:51 PM
Not sure how your tube is setup, but my prowler has 3 bladders. I usually try and overfill the seat so only my knee's down are in the water then the other 2 I just add / release on the water as needed.

Fishingkid97
05-30-2013, 08:44 PM
My tube only has 2 blathers 1 for the u shape the lower blather and 1 upper for the back rest.

Fishingkid97
06-18-2013, 09:08 AM
Found the problem after taking out the blatter inflating it and spraying the entire blatter down with soapy water ends up being the cap where you fill the air into is leaking very slowly. Going to try a replacement cap before returning the entire blatter under warranty.