PDA

View Full Version : Fishermans Retreat

Perris_holic
05-29-2013, 05:43 PM
Im thinking about hitting them up tomorrow. Has anyone been out there recently? I havent been out there in about a year

Fishingkid97
05-29-2013, 06:01 PM
I haven't been there in 2 years. Report back how it goes I been wondering about that place just haven't made it out there. I know with it being such small ponds the heat really gets that vegitation growing in there fast. Do they allow float tubes?

bassoholic
05-29-2013, 09:46 PM
I haven't been there in 2 years. Report back how it goes I been wondering about that place just haven't made it out there. I know with it being such small ponds the heat really gets that vegitation growing in there fast. Do they allow float tubes?

Float tubes are allowed in the bottom lake only.....but yes you can use them. Lots of people there recently due to cat stockings.

sumodnb
05-30-2013, 10:08 PM
I've been fishin it once a week. Had many 15+ fish days the past few months on soft jerkbaits down the bank and fly lining drop shot worms near the dragonflies, lipless cranks have been working well too, pumping them through the deeper water. Went there wednesday and the bite had shut down, only had one bite from 7-11am..... but then I tied on a big ol double willow spinner bait and BOOYAA!!! Had 5 fish in the next 45 minutes, three well over 3 pounds. Left around 4 when i lost that spinner in the weeds, but nailed 11 fish total on the day. I LOVE this place, who's up for a FNN party at the retreat??

p.s. caught my PB here 8.7

sumodnb
05-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Float tubes are allowed in the bottom lake only.....but yes you can use them. Lots of people there recently due to cat stockings.

Yo brotha, there were a couple dudes with a fishin pontoon on the toplake Wednesday..... I was gonna say somethin but I wasn't sure what the rule was. Next time I'm just gonna pop it lol.

bassoholic
05-31-2013, 11:05 PM
Yo brotha, there were a couple dudes with a fishin pontoon on the toplake Wednesday..... I was gonna say somethin but I wasn't sure what the rule was. Next time I'm just gonna pop it lol.

Yeah what were they thinking?/ Bottom lake only. Some of the people that are members think they own the place and sometimes do as they please.