PDA

View Full Version : Boat re-entry seals. Why don't all lakes accept each others??

jicasiano
05-29-2013, 02:36 PM
I went to Perris yesterday and I had a Castaic tag on it. I thought I would be able to skip the inspection but no. I had to wait at least 15 minutes for the 1 worker to inspect 2 boats in front of me. Luckily I always keep my boat clean so I passed. Now I have a Perris tag. Logic says that Castaic probably won't accept Perris' tag. Why can't all these lakes get on the same page and accept each other's re-entry seals the way Pyramid and Castaic do!!!

-b

661Bass'n
05-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Castaic took my tag from Silverwood....and Silverwood took my Pyramid tag.....So, maybe Perris needs to be educated on tags.

jicasiano
05-29-2013, 02:52 PM
I had a buddy a few months ago that had a tag from DVL--the lake with the toughest boat inspection!! So when he got to Perris he thought he would be able to skip inspection. Long strong short. He had to be inspected and failed because he had a small puddle of what was probably rain water in his livewell!! A 2 hour drive wasted we thought!! We salvaged the day by going to DVL (a stone's throw away from Perris) since that was where the tag originated!!

=b

661Bass'n
05-29-2013, 02:57 PM
I don't fish Perris or DVL. I normally stay at Pyramid and Castaic, but it may be worth your time to make the suggestion to Perris to accept these other lake tags, they are all doing a pretty good inspection.

redondo todd
05-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Silverwood took my Big Bear band, but when I went back to Big Bear they made me go thru decontaminaton because of some type of snail in Silverwood lake.It only took 10 min to do, Todd.

Fishingkid97
05-29-2013, 03:02 PM
I float tubes Perris 5/25/13 entered no problems no inspection tube was inflated in the bed of the truck no questions asked I returned 5/26/13 and was told to switch lines I needed to be Inspected ok what ever switch lines and 30 mins later its my turn to be Inspected the workers didn't even know what to look at they were shocked like who told you to come over here? We usaully don't check these. Oh we'll they filled out there inspection on it. Just a waste of my time.

EL JEFE
07-06-2013, 07:11 PM
read this.....

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?74251-Inspection-Tags-DV-Perris-Silverwood&highlight=inspection+tags

JAG107
08-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Silverwood would not accept my Crowley tag. They had never heard of Crowley lake, which is part of LADWP I thought?! I guess I should cut off my wood tag for my upcoming trip to BBL so I don't get delayed with my dry boat maybe having some "snails"? Oh I thought I read that DVL, perris and Wood tags were all interchangeable, maybe not so?
And W>T>F> is up with charging $3 for a DVL tag? I'm paying THEM so THEY don't have to inspect my boat if I come back? LAME.

one long cast
08-17-2013, 10:42 PM
I'll stick to salt water, no tags at all

dockboy
08-19-2013, 04:44 PM
The only real troublemakers in SoCal is MWD, who run Perris/DVL/Silverwood/BBL. Any of the LA County lake accept most tags, including Naci and San Anton. Castaic and Pyramid take Fin cables. Only MWD refuses to accept other department tags. It took years for them to finally accept tags from within their own department (Perris to DVL, etc).

drifter023
08-22-2013, 07:06 PM
So who do we complain to I would love to write to some one just to ***** to them and maybe get some kind of answer or reply?

muskyman
08-23-2013, 07:28 PM
I can give you a " tag " from Lake Michigan if you want ..................or some water from the lake too. You can leave it in the bottom of your bilge :)