PDA

View Full Version : 5/28/13 Bako Report

FishingwithDave
05-28-2013, 06:12 PM
After celebrating my birthday Mexican style (basically partying for multiple days, my wife's family is notorious for this), I had to burn a vacation day at work to recover. Feeling better after sleeping until like 10:30, decided to hit the Duct. It was overcast, so I was thinking I may find some fish and I wanted to see if something I read awhile back about using a Carolina Keepers to collect the moss in front of your lures to keep them moss free actually worked. I also found some 3/4 Chartruese jig heads in my swim bait box and felt compelled to contribute to the data collection occurring about their use in this forum.

Arrived at the Duct about 11:30am. The gates were opened maybe a 1/4 so there was some flow, but the were completely closed by 12:30pm. So the Carolina Keeper in front of the lure didn't do **** to keep moss off the lure. It just doubled the places to have to clean moss off of. Moss wasn't as bad as Sunday and actually was less of a problem after the gates closed. Started off with the Chartruese jig head with pearl white Fluke. Caught this dink.

One for the Chartruese. Nothing else, so I switched to a white jig head, but got nada. Not enough data to support the hypothesis one way or the other, but I'll be stripping them and powder coating them in white.

Then I went through several 3" and 4" lipless cranks and and an LC 128 MS Am Shad and I only managed 1 hit on a 3". It's getting close to 2pm and I'm about ready to call it a day. Moved to the down side of a gate and switched to an LC 110 MS AM Shad. Farmed a dink and then landed a small keeper. Right after I got it up on the road, the line broke off a couple of inches above the lure. Got lucky there!

Fished that area 30 minutes more and then moved to a siphon. Nothing happening on the LC110, so I worked a 128 Ghost for a bit for nada. Working my way upstream from the siphon, I switched to an LC127 MS Am Shad and was quickly rewarded with a nice chunky 20 incher.

15 minutes later, I'm hooked with another, this one about 19".

Threw him back cause I had my limit. Worked my way back to the down stream side of the siphon where I got hit a couple of more times, but no hookups.

Cutbait, I saw this and thought of you. One less big carp for you to slay!

Fish tacos later this week.

I was hoping that the overcast conditions would offset starting so late and landing 4 with 3 legals made it worth it.

FWD

Risso
05-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Sweet report! Looks like the LC's did the work today.

dk4885
05-28-2013, 06:43 PM
Great job Dave u got some. And that carp I think cutbait already got to it.

cutbait
05-28-2013, 06:51 PM
Dk is right.

Cool report DAVE.....

If I can say cool report without coming off as sarcastic?

None intended.

You the man, man....

I know where you were fishjn, Nana Nana nana

moparferlife
05-28-2013, 07:55 PM
Dk is right.

Cool report DAVE.....

If I can say cool report without coming off as sarcastic?

None intended.

You the man, man....

I know where you were fishjn, Nana Nana nana

My bad. I apologize. I was the one that was rude and jumped to conclusions. :Head Bang:

Nice fish man and striper tacos are da bomb lol

Double A
05-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Glad you got on dem fish.

I haven't been out in seems like forever.

Thanks for posting, you might have motivated me.

jdduckman
05-28-2013, 08:01 PM
Always look forward to your posts! I wanted to get out a 3rd time over the long weekend but the AV wind is really blowing!

cutbait
05-28-2013, 08:05 PM
My bad. I apologize. I was the one that was rude and jumped to conclusions. :Head Bang:

Nice fish man and striper tacos are da bomb lol

its cool man, I'm just a bs'er that doesnt translate bs well online.

Ask any of these guys who know me in real life and I bet they'd tell ya my real life humor translates like its intended.

Slay some piggies Mopar.

Just remember my replies on your posts shall forever be "cool report". ;-)

Fishbones
05-28-2013, 08:15 PM
cool report,... lol..... congrats Dave, don't give up on the chart!

koifish
05-28-2013, 09:11 PM
Nice catch FWD. AV-E is blowing now dust storm.....lol..

vampirebret
05-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Nice job out there.

harlanx1
05-29-2013, 04:11 AM
Right on dave. keepers have been hard to come by lately. But you got a few I think they are moving north see ya out there bud.

dk4885
05-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Right on dave. keepers have been hard to come by lately. But you got a few I think they are moving north see ya out there bud.

I have not seen them it all dinks up here. I put in 4 hours for 3 dinks. Maybe somewhere in the middle ground from us all.