PDA

View Full Version : Corona 24th to 26th

ben0606
05-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Planned out a camping trip just like last year and had a good time relaxing. Got to the lake at 1230 on Friday and set up camp. Stayed on shore til 330 and jumped on the boat to the marina and fished the boat dock by the store. Got 2 cats while paying for our 24 hour pass. Then it was off to the reeds and logs which I nailed 2 back to back. Those guys know and try to escape to the vegetation once hooked but I was able to yank them out. After that it was spot to spot to spot but we just didn't have the right touch. Saturday it was shore fishing basically staying under the canopy and drinking beer so little sun impact. Saturday night we had a spot that my first cast nailed my bait while my rod was in the rod holder. This thing hit so hard the tip of my rod almost touched the water. After a fight he snapped my line and man was I pissed. Ended up with a few more and back to camp. Sunday morning I go back and first cast is another cat. While I'm taking the hook out my other rod goes but by the time I picked it up it was off. Then a bit later I get a nice hit which when I'm reeling in he goes under my boat into the logs and snaps off just under my boat.

Didn't nail a bunch but I've got my spots planned out along with my baits so ill be back next week with the right intel.

Overall it was a good trip relaxing and catching fish. If you can find a spot at the right time with the right bait, you will nail them for sure. Ya gotta work to get em but when you do, it's on.

Oh and by the way, to the guy who complained about not catching fish wanting a refund thanks a lot for ruining the police discount. Corona lake took care of us like no other lake when it came to a discount. I'm talking insane percentage off the entry which made it possible to take 3 day trips out there. I don't care what lake you go to whether it be state or pay lake or city, ya can't expect to limit out every time with little work. So next time you wanna complain and ruin it for the rest of us SHUT YOUR MOUTH and fish elsewhere.

To all the whiners, ill be happy to say in 3 years of fishing corona I've never not caught fish, I've come close but when it comes down to it I've caught many limits of trout and cats. Just like any place ya gotta put your time in.

To corona lake, I understand your reasoning and I with a bunch of others appreciated the discount when you did give it so thank you for taking care of us. I for one will still be a loyal satisfied customer.

Ok I'm off my soap box.........hit it up people the fishing is going to be a good summer.

Ben

Perris_holic
05-27-2013, 09:12 PM
Nice report and pics