PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 5/27

P.A.W.
05-27-2013, 01:53 PM
40978Rolled out of the marina @6:20 and had my first hookup at 6:25 and second at 6:30. Big ol' bait ball being hammered by small stripers. Turned around to come through again and they were gone. No idea which direction they went. Basically it was slow again. Bass are still chasing but don't want to commit. No phantom hits from stripers. At around 10:00 I hit an epic size bait ball. Filled my screen. I got a 2fer in that one. As I got the rig near the boat I could see at least 10 more following it in. Once again I turned around to troll through that area again but they vanished. They must have been moving around pretty fast.

Ran into Matt M. out on the water practicing what he preaches. Waving his flyrod around. Nice day not too crowded and best of all striper for dinner.

TroutOnly
05-27-2013, 04:22 PM
AT LEAST YOU GOT SOME ACTION AND FILETS FOR TACOS,,,,,,,,,,,PAW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,

P.A.W.
05-27-2013, 05:00 PM
Yup, and the pic was taken just for you Bob ;)

HawgZWylde
05-27-2013, 06:01 PM
Bwahaha, how dare he wave his fairy rod around. He needs to keep his Fly zipped up. Pervert...

Nice job out there Pat. Good to hear the Shad balls are healthy there...

catfishkid1
05-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Nice to see someone out on the water and not being "forced to grill for some mf'rs that never showed up to help you drink a 24 case of corona's you bought for(yourself) hoping (knowing they wouldn't show up) but gave your wife the benefit of the doubt that they would" (more beer for me as planned). "I love when a plan comes together"

TroutOnly
05-27-2013, 08:09 PM
Kill them all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yep those shad balls there haulass rarely have i seen them sit down ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Matt_Magnone
05-28-2013, 07:58 AM
yeah yeah yeah, call it a fairy wand all you want. at lease my 1-3 pounders feel like 10 pounders hahahah :LOL::LOL::LOL:

i intentionally went out there for the gills. ended up with a couple of them and some bass. lots of bedfish and fry guarders right now. its sorta annoying. gonna wait my time and hit dv next.

panfishman
05-28-2013, 05:46 PM
them gills are fun to get there matt alot of 1pounders and some 2 in the mix stripers been boiling on those frys all last weekend during morning and some evening mostly east end points

HawgZWylde
05-28-2013, 08:47 PM
yeah yeah yeah, call it a fairy wand all you want. at lease my 1-3 pounders feel like 10 pounders hahahah :LOL::LOL::LOL:

i intentionally went out there for the gills. ended up with a couple of them and some bass. lots of bedfish and fry guarders right now. its sorta annoying. gonna wait my time and hit dv next.

Wait, you have a 1lber AND a 3lber, and they feel like 10lbers??? Dude, there is a cure for that, steroids. But here's the catch, since you have a rather lopsided condition, you cannot take them orally. If you did, you would end up with one normal size and the other would just disappear. You would end up looking like my Bulldog who we nicknamed "one Nut Dozer". Soooo you must take a direct injection into the larger of the, shall we call them "Shad balls". That way things would even out. Dude, I'm so sorry, but it won't hurt much...

Matt_Magnone
05-28-2013, 09:01 PM
HAHAHAH dude you're awesome.