PDA

View Full Version : What Size Hook Should I Use

msavary76
05-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Hey everyone:

Next weekend im planning on fishing lake hemet since there going to be re-stocking there lake with tons of cat fish. I was wondering what size treble hook would you guys use?? Also would you use treble or single hook hooks?? Any help will be a ton of help.

skunked4life
05-24-2013, 01:54 PM
I am not a FW expert, but it may help others to respond if they knew what you were going to use as bait. I know of successful anglers who only target big cats and use huge trebles wound with whole chunks of liver or mackerel. What do you plan to use?

angelsfan951
05-24-2013, 02:32 PM
i never use treble for catfish, single hook either circle hooks or the gamakatsu bait hook( i believe this is the 1) for local parks i use size 2 or 1 and at pay lakes like corona or irvine i use nothing smaller then 2/0 just my personal preference

msavary76
05-25-2013, 02:45 AM
Well im actually going to be picking up some hog wild chicken liver bait from big 5 sporting goods. Maybe some power bait too. Im just going to a man made lake tomorrow. A friend is taking my wife and i.

msavary76
05-25-2013, 05:11 PM
Hey everyone went fishing today at a private lake. I took someone advice on here and boy were they right. I got a bite so hard that it almost took the whole rod out of my hand. It was hard enough to take the hook and bait. Guess I better start learning how to tie more fishing knots.