PDA

View Full Version : split ringed hooks

fishshep
09-12-2007, 07:57 PM
just a little tip about those expensive new hooks with the small "split rings" attached to them, supposedly to let the live bait swim more freely? I went to home depot, osh, a big key place-they had some but were to big and wanted 50 cents a piece!Man! this was really bugging me ,thinking especially since like most of us who have the hooks allready?I can get those split rings somewhere!?Anyway, this thought came to me,"SPRINGS"! Thank you Jesus! so I went to the hardware store and checked it out,Thank you Jesus !for speaking to me that word these will work great! It looks like the1/4in size will work good and it seems if you get the ones that are a little spaced you can cut them in two coiled turns like a split ring. hope this helps!

zZaNg
09-13-2007, 05:12 AM
how much were the springs? you can buy a 20 pack of split rings for $1.50.

fuj
09-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Solid welded ringed hooks I have (seen.) Expensive split-ringed hooks I haven't. Which manufacturer markets these split-ringed hooks?

vanillagurilla
09-13-2007, 03:06 PM
there not split ringed.... there solid stamped/welded. i guess you could use a split ring though, they have them on jerk baits and rat'll traps and what not... GOOD LUCK TO YOU !!