PDA

View Full Version : Inspections..?

jimbo1
05-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Sup fellas-
Can anyone tell me what the inspections are like at Castaic and Pyramid? I know the inspections at Casitas are pretty thorough and at Big Bear they take about 5 min. The last time I was at Castaic they really didnt physically check my live well or transom. how long do they take at Castaic? and do they give any kind of pass that is good for Pyramid too? thanks for any info

4_D_ HALIBUT
05-24-2013, 10:16 PM
The less you have in your compartments the less time it will take. Make sure the bilge, live-well, and out-drive are dry and if you bring an ice chest leave it in the car until after they inspect your boat. Even a moist anchor rope could be enough to keep you from launching. If you have the boat banded before you leave, and you can bypass the inspection on your next your next trip to Castaic, Pyramid or Piru.

cutbait
05-25-2013, 06:50 AM
Its always important to stop a mile ahead and recheck that plug is pulled, wipe down any moisture, insure your anchor rope is dry, if it isn't stow it in the truck, also stow your ice chests in the truck {important}.

Always leave the house with a towel or two for wiping down.

Don't even leave the house if the trailer bunks are wet.

Its really a piece of cake if you just do the work in drying it and moving equipment.

Don't fire up the motor at the house the night or two before.

I can't wait for the mussel's to take over so this nonsense is over

ocampo82
05-26-2013, 09:04 AM
Its always important to stop a mile ahead and recheck that plug is pulled, wipe down any moisture, insure your anchor rope is dry, if it isn't stow it in the truck, also stow your ice chests in the truck {important}.

Its really a piece of cake if you just do the work in drying it and moving equipment.

I don't know why I stumbled on to this thread, and I never fish from a boat but out of curiosity what's the big deal about the boats being dry and is "mussel"

Bassmaster Bob
05-26-2013, 09:39 AM
Does the plug have to be out for inspection or was that said just to make sure its drier? I am going through my first inspection today at Perris. Also can I go back to Perris tomorrow with a wet boat somehow?

cutbait
05-26-2013, 12:59 PM
Does the plug have to be out for inspection or was that said just to make sure its drier? I am going through my first inspection today at Perris. Also can I go back to Perris tomorrow with a wet boat somehow?

Plug has to be out

vampirebret
05-27-2013, 08:30 AM
I, personally think the inspections are pretty useless. I or anyone could have a whole bucket full of them snails/mussels in his/her car and and just dump it in the lake without anyone knowing. It makes no difference but a huge waste of everyone's time only. I can't believe they even turn some people around just because of a drop or two of water in or on their boat. Stupidity, especially if that person drove over an hour or two just to fish the lake!!

FishermanStu
05-31-2013, 12:48 AM
I, personally think the inspections are pretty useless. I or anyone could have a whole bucket full of them snails/mussels in his/her car and and just dump it in the lake without anyone knowing. It makes no difference but a huge waste of everyone's time only. I can't believe they even turn some people around just because of a drop or two of water in or on their boat. Stupidity, especially if that person drove over an hour or two just to fish the lake!!

Have you been to irvine lake? they don't have inspections. I think it makes a difference. And they don't waste everyones time.Bands are fantastic and plenty of people pass inspection. the stupid thing is driving an hour two with a wet boat.

PS. OCAMPO r u related to Po Campo by any means

jicasiano
05-31-2013, 03:59 AM

Yes and if you wipe your boat down and leave the wet towel in the boat and they discover it, that wet towel alone on the boat can cause you to fail. And that goes for any other objects such as life vests and half druken bottled water. Think I'm exaggerating? Watch this 5 part series on YouTube where Bill Siemantel explains the inspection process at Castaic. Here's the link to part 1: http://youtu.be/jYTtwdEOswg

Check out the dude you they make an example out of. He practically has a swimming pool in his boat!! It's pretty comical!!

-b

E man
06-03-2013, 08:14 AM
The inspection was pretty easy. It was less than 5 mins and I was on my way.

If you're going to drive an hour or two then you should be even more prepared. They're even more strict at DVL. Just pure laziness and stupidity if you can't pass the inspection.

Hawk
06-04-2013, 06:56 AM
Yes and if you wipe your boat down and leave the wet towel in the boat and they discover it, that wet towel alone on the boat can cause you to fail. And that goes for any other objects such as life vests and half druken bottled water. Think I'm exaggerating? Watch this 5 part series on YouTube where Bill Siemantel explains the inspection process at Castaic. Here's the link to part 1: http://youtu.be/jYTtwdEOswg

Check out the dude you they make an example out of. He practically has a swimming pool in his boat!! It's pretty comical!!

-b

Those are great videos. Lots of good tips. Thanks for sharing that!

jicasiano
06-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Those are great videos. Lots of good tips. Thanks for sharing that!

No problem. Enjoy. Bill is a good guy.

-b

bman90278
06-09-2013, 10:15 PM
No problem. Enjoy. Bill is a good guy.

-b

I heard any time u are in need of a partner, Bill teams up with u!

-brian

MonsterGuppy
06-15-2013, 10:50 PM
With Irvine lake listed as an infected lake theres no longer a reason to inspect there,

http://nas.er.usgs.gov/taxgroup/mollusks/zebramussel/maps/CaliforniaDreissenaMap.jpg

Have you been to irvine lake? they don't have inspections. I think it makes a difference. And they don't waste everyones time.Bands are fantastic and plenty of people pass inspection. the stupid thing is driving an hour two with a wet boat.

PS. OCAMPO r u related to Po Campo by any means

muskyman
06-17-2013, 07:41 AM
Inspections, LOL !!! ha ha. Anyone want some lake michigan water ?

FishermanStu
06-19-2013, 12:19 AM
With Irvine lake listed as an infected lake theres no longer a reason to inspect there,

http://nas.er.usgs.gov/taxgroup/mollusks/zebramussel/maps/CaliforniaDreissenaMap.jpg

thanks for reiterating, that was my point