PDA

View Full Version : Quality Rainbows in Mountain Stream: New Fishing Video

carpanglerdude
05-23-2013, 11:46 PM
I recently started fishing a 'new' stream in SoCal mountains. I realize that this stream is probably not a 'new' one to many anglers on this forum, however, it was fun trying out something different. The trout were eager to bite and the water was quite clear. I used my new Midland XTC camera with its stock lenses, then switched it out for an underwater flat lenses-definitely improved the underwater video quality. I landed 10+ rainbows of all shapes and sizes, bu caught quite a few larger models on the video. It was neat coming across trout stacked up in some of the pools and sticker the camera under their noses-sometimes with success, other times without. Unfortunately, the turbidity near where the fish were stacked up didn't really help the video quality. However, you can see plenty of the fish hooked and released in the below video.

Lures used: Mini jigs, trout worms, tiny spoon
Gear: Ultralite rod/spinning reel, 2lb mono

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FZPrWkiX_A

bowler
05-24-2013, 12:04 AM
nice trout.

Calicanuck
05-24-2013, 12:13 AM
Nice video... We should go fishing together sometime could make an epic fishing/vid team. I'm going to Central Cal to do some Kayak fishing for rockfish and lingcod this weekend. Enjoy your weekend!

If I tag team with you then maybe Bowler will be after both of us, haha!

carpanglerdude
05-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Nice video... We should go fishing together sometime could make an epic fishing/vid team. I'm going to Central Cal to do some Kayak fishing for rockfish and lingcod this weekend. Enjoy your weekend!

If I tag team with you then maybe Bowler will be after both of us, haha!

Thanks! I would love to try out that GoPro 3 you have, black edition, am I right?