PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday at Pyramid Report

FishingwithDave
05-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Haven't fished Pyramid in about 4 years and my boat hasn't got wet in probably a year and a half. It's a Fish and Ski boat that only gets used for fishing and I had intended to put it for sale. Cleaned her all up, took pictures and put it for sale on Craigs List, and didn't really try too hard to sell her even though I didn't take her out enough to justify keeping her. She's a good boat, not the best setup for fishing, but adequate and very dependable and apparently I can't let her go yet.

StriperFest and all the reports guys have posted on FNN motivated me to get her back in the water again chasing fish. Went down to Pyramid on a solo trip, which was a first for me. Was a little worried about going it alone with windy conditions, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Manage to pick up one on the troll which made my day. Couldn't find much in the way of the recommended bucktail jigs and swim baits here in Bako and waiting for an order from Hiro, whose bucktails look great, so I used my 4 year old stuff, including these KGB swimbaits TO was using back then.

Got skunked on the bait and wait, but all in all it was a great day on the lake. More time on the water will help improve fish counts. Looking forward to June 8th.

FWD

Fishbones
05-24-2013, 11:11 AM
great to see the fire start back up Dave, lookin forward to seein you at Striperfest, congrats on the skunk beater trip, glad your keepin her..

cutbait
05-24-2013, 11:32 AM
I was waiting for this report.

Too bad about the bait skunk.

Looks like its pretty hit and miss right now.

FishingwithDave
05-24-2013, 02:56 PM
I was waiting for this report.

Too bad about the bait skunk.

Looks like its pretty hit and miss right now.

I was wiped out when I got home from all the prep work to get the boat and gear ready and then being on the water about 10 hours and then I had to work and whine, whine whine. Need to get into shape for fishing!

Tried the area you recommended as well. Didn't mark a lot of fish there and no bites.

Was soaking the San Pedro Dines sliced, diced, heads or tails and rocks, paper, scissors, c-rigged, fly lined and top & bottom rig. Seen them but didn't figure out how to get them to bite.

FWD