PDA

View Full Version : Doin' Better Bass Fishing On A Tooner!!!

Ghost
09-12-2007, 07:44 PM
What a morning....back to back radiology tests...a student needs a break! Studied all day Tues & woke up at 3 AM to study some more...my brain is FRIED!

Told the wifey that I was taking the afternoon off & going fishing. Third time to use the kickboat & it was very rewarding. Ended up w/ 3 small mouth bass & 7 LM bass.

Here's the best of the day:

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp3/simontonbigbass2.jpg

4 lbs, 17.5" on a wacky rigged 5" Yum Dinger. I was skipping wacky's under pontoon boats & finally landed a quality bass from this particular lake. It really made my day, I feel that I deserved a break after this mornings testings.

The kickboat is a blast to use. I'm still learning how to row in a straight line, that is not that easy to do on a kickboat. I had to drop the fins & use those w/ the oars to get some speed. I finally have my Outcast Streamer XL IR the way I want it!

eldo69
09-12-2007, 09:20 PM
nice job, were u fishing a private lake?

tacklejunkie
09-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Nice work dude.
I agree, I hit a bunch of LMB on my first toon mission. Had a blast! Not sure if I did better than I would have on a tube, but I didn't do bad at all :twisted:
Had my best day at Perris my first time on the pontoon. Got towed around a bit too! I still think both pontoons and tubes have their place.

Nessie Hunter
09-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Way to go Gino, nice bass for Indiana, (probably Northern strain?).. :D