PDA

View Full Version : Caught Some Trout 5/19

Hunt4Fish
05-23-2013, 04:18 PM
A little late trout report but there aren't many new ones lately, so for you team trout chasers this weekend: My girl and I drifted half crawlers from a rental boat on Sunday. We caught zero at 5 feet under a bobber(one rod)we did see some splashing on top though, we caught zero about 20' deep(one rod) and we caught 5 out of 6 about 3 cranks off the bottom(2 rods). Water was 72 on the surface with a perfect slight breeze for drifting, we set up near the West shore and drifted into the Red Clay Cliffs 100 yards south of Rocky point, Max water depth on this drift was 53 feet and that's the depth the fish were at, there was a guy trolling around us and he was hooking them every 20 minutes it seemed like. He said he had 7 colors out and was dragging a pink needlefish. We were out there from 11pm-2:30pm. All our fish were about 2lb and under but we may have lost a bigger model. Still haven't seen too many Crappie, hopefully they show this weekend for the Crappie Classic / Team Trout Tourneys.
Good Luck, H4F

JAG107
05-24-2013, 11:16 PM
Nice report, glad you got on some trout. I tried drifting around that area saturday for nothing, fortunately I still managed a limit of 1 lbers on the troll, they are really loving the shiny metal stuff lately...

troutdog
05-27-2013, 11:42 PM
Sounds like a great day.....the trout are still hungry while the cats have been stealing the show, wtg out there!

TD