PDA

View Full Version : Lake Gregory-Bite is on!

Troutin Man
05-22-2013, 12:13 AM
Went up to Gregory this week. Decided to leave work after 2 hours because I needed a break.

Fished over near the baseball diamond and caught 8 rainbows. How?

-Caught 3 on a pink/white trout worm carolina rigged (dipped in Bite-On Roe)
-Caught 2 on Needlefish (silver hologram)
-Caught 1 on a blue/silver Kastmaster
-Caught 2 on a water bubble with a prince nymph very slow retrieve on a 5 foot leader after a carolina keeper.

Kept my limit of 5 and released 3 that were lip-hooked on the prince nymph and needlefish. Safe C&R with wet hands.

All-in-all a great day. Sorry couldn't load pictures because the file was too big. Cooked up the trout tonight using fresh cut garlic, diced roma tomatoes, sliced maui onion, lemon, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and a touch of Vietnamese Rooster hot sauce. Hungry anyone? Is was quite tasty!

IncredibleHuck
05-22-2013, 08:12 AM
Went up to Gregory this week. Decided to leave work after 2 hours because I needed a break.

Fished over near the baseball diamond and caught 8 rainbows. How?

-Caught 3 on a pink/white trout worm carolina rigged (dipped in Bite-On Roe)
-Caught 2 on Needlefish (silver hologram)
-Caught 1 on a blue/silver Kastmaster
-Caught 2 on a water bubble with a prince nymph very slow retrieve on a 5 foot leader after a carolina keeper.

Kept my limit of 5 and released 3 that were lip-hooked on the prince nymph and needlefish. Safe C&R with wet hands.

All-in-all a great day. Sorry couldn't load pictures because the file was too big. Cooked up the trout tonight using fresh cut garlic, diced roma tomatoes, sliced maui onion, lemon, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and a touch of Vietnamese Rooster hot sauce. Hungry anyone? Is was quite tasty!

What day were you there? On Saturday we were at the Diamond in the morning for nada, lots of weeds in that area.

We then moved over by the dam where we caught a few a piece, but it was definitely a slow bite. We only fished it for a couple hours before hading back down the mountain to get stuff ready for our trip this weekend.

Tubbytuba
05-22-2013, 09:35 AM
ive been killing the place on the fly the past two weeks. i go targeting carp and leave catching a ton of trout and micro sized crappie.

the ball field can get a little loud during the week but the recent additions dont seem to mind the noise, the browns sure dont like it.

Good Hunting

The Fishing Queen
05-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Simple but detailed report. I'm glad to hear that you had fun catching. You did pretty good with 8 trout. The trout recipe sounds delicious. I have to show it to my husband to see if he is able to cook it. I tried to cook trout, but it didn't turn out good. The kids love dad's trout almondine much better. So I just give up on trying, ha, ha... Thanks for sharing the report!

Troutin Man
05-23-2013, 10:53 PM
Simple but detailed report. I'm glad to hear that you had fun catching. You did pretty good with 8 trout. The trout recipe sounds delicious. I have to show it to my husband to see if he is able to cook it. I tried to cook trout, but it didn't turn out good. The kids love dad's trout almondine much better. So I just give up on trying, ha, ha... Thanks for sharing the report!

Thanks. What did your husband think of the recipe? Another recipe I like for trout is lemon squeezed with a bit of soy sauce and simply pan fry with a bit of olive oil.

I had a great day out there. By the way...Thanks for sharing the water bubble fly technique with me. Worked great.

Troutin Man
05-23-2013, 10:54 PM
What day were you there? On Saturday we were at the Diamond in the morning for nada, lots of weeds in that area.

We then moved over by the dam where we caught a few a piece, but it was definitely a slow bite. We only fished it for a couple hours before hading back down the mountain to get stuff ready for our trip this weekend.

Monday. Enjoy your trip. Where ya going? Fishing trip???