PDA

View Full Version : tube repair

jakalope
09-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Hey guys and gals how have you successfully patched your bladders in your fish cats? I have a pinhole right at the seam and want to get it right the first time. Lets here your suggestions. The tube came with aquaseal and some of the pvc material. I know it seems simple enough but I wanted to see if anybody had some good tricks for a good seal the first time.
Thanks, Jakalope :D [/u]

reelhigh
09-12-2007, 06:43 PM
A hole on the seam is tough to fix. It happened to mine and I just spread the aquaseal across the hole. It's held up for quite awhile but sooner or later I'm going to need a new bladder. I would contact Outcast and see what they offer for bladder replacement, I bet it won't be too bad.

sonarbp
09-13-2007, 06:52 AM
Hey guys just to let you know replacement bladders run about $20.....I would fix the small hole so you could still fish while the new one you order is in route.

I will post the link as soon as I remember where I saved it!!!

sonarbp

Guys I can't seem to find the link I had for the bladders but you might be in luck!!!!!

Check this out!!!

If you have a problem with your boat, please contact Outcast Sporting Gear for a Return Authorization number at 800-966-0976. At that time you will be instructed to ship the damaged product back freight prepaid. If it is a manufacturer’s defect your product will be shipped free of charge, if it’s pilot error you are responsible for return shipping costs. Outcast Sporting Gear’s warranty covers normal, private use from the date of purchase for the original owner.

Five Year Warranty
This warranty covers defects in workmanship and materials only for normal, private use for a period of 5 years from the date of purchase for the original owner.

Call them and they will replace the bladders for you!!!! GREAT DEAL!!

sonarbp

Sea Murda
09-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Hey guys and gals how have you successfully patched your bladders in your fish cats? I have a pinhole right at the seam and want to get it right the first time. Lets here your suggestions. The tube came with aquaseal and some of the pvc material. I know it seems simple enough but I wanted to see if anybody had some good tricks for a good seal the first time.
Thanks, Jakalope :D [/u]

dude I have been having problems with leaks on the seam of my nav II for the past few months. I gotta tell you, its the worst spot.............but the trick is to patch it from the inside. Use a small piece of patch, just enough to cover the hole. Put some duct tape over that, then go ahead and cut a strip of patch to cover the hole on the outside. Put a whole patch over that and some duct tape as well. And dont be shy with the glue........

Reelhigh is right though, your gonna need to get a new bladder eventually........

lxlcantar
09-14-2007, 06:31 PM
You guys wouldn't happen to know if bass pro sells replacement bladders for thier lost lake tubes? A friend is giving me his but the bladder has a leak. The tube is one of the round ones, if bass pros doesnt sell replacements do you think a caddis replacement bladder would work? Here's a link to a website that sells replacement bladders (at the bottom)http://www.shopoutdoors.com/floattubes.html

jakalope
09-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks for your help guys!
Just a follow up I patched the seam hole that was about a 1/4 inch long with some aqua seal and a small piece of the spare bladder material.
I let all the air out, cleaned it with some rubbing alcohol, applied the patch to the outside and put some weights on it over night. It seems to have worked.
As a saftey procaution I contacted outcast WOW :D :D These guys are way cool!! Awesome customer service and they are sending me a new bladder no charge. I love my tube and the service is great, I couldnt be happier right now with my choice of tubes.
If you do have to purchase one its 16 bucks. I was really pleased to find out they were that inexpensive I thought they would be way more than that.
Thanks again, Jakalope

Headhunter
09-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Lemme tell ya, the guys at Outcast ARE awesome!

We lost the backrest on one of our tubes, and we didn't realize it until a few days before our Mammoth trip. I called them on a Friday (we were leaving on Tuesday), they had it to me on MONDAY, for only 8 Bucks, INCLUDING shipping!...so, they basically GAVE it to me!

These guys get HUGE points from me for customer service.