PDA

View Full Version : New Spotfin area 5-19-13

bowler
05-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Sorry for the late report. I have been trying different area for Spotfin. But I have no luck till today. my plan was to fish the morning, but that did not happen my body did Not want to get up. I told my wife we will hit the beach around 3 or 4 she said ok. we got to the beach and had trouble finding a spot to park. finally someone leave we take there spot. we head to the surf and I already see about 4 other guys surf fishing. I get my pole set up and then I start looking for sand crabs. they were everywhere but not most of them were small. got a few put them in the bucket. so I but a sand crab on a cast it out. I feel a few hits but nothing want to stay on. they guys to my left where getting spotfin. they got two since I was there. I notice the bait they were using. so I made a run to a place that was walking distance from where we were fishing to get some mussel. I get a bucket full and come back and hit the surf with it. I keep on try but I was not getting any hits so I change my set up. I but on some mussel and I get hit. I reel in a 12 inch corbina. I know there were spotfin in the surf. so I keep changing my bait to keep a fresh mussel on. I was past high tide the wave were getting bigger but I keep at it. then I finally get hit hard. I know that I had a spotfin on this time. I battle it for about 5 mins. I get it in and see it is a smaller spotfin that I'm used to getting. so after that I called it a day since my wife was getting cold.http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac21/bowler23_99/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsa291f6c0.jpg (http://s882.photobucket.com/user/bowler23_99/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsa291f6c0.jpg.html)

DockRat
05-22-2013, 06:22 AM
WTG on the bait. I was checking out some ghost shrimp at Ace fishing tackle on Crenshaw near Alondra park yesterday thinking about bait surf fishing.
DR

murrieta angler
05-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Hey Greg,
You got 2 good looking fish and dinner to boot!
Can't beat that.
Robert
<><

PTN
05-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Nice fish bowler. Beautiful looking and thanks for sharing. :Cool:

-Peter

bachiboy
05-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Nice going out there Bowler! Might not be the biggest spotfin you've ever caught, but it's still a nice fish. Keep it going!!!

Don

I was checking out some ghost shrimp at Ace fishing tackle on Crenshaw near Alondra park yesterday thinking about bait surf fishing.
DR

Might not be a bad idea there DR. Been a LOT of beans sliding around in the surf lately.:Wink:

dlmoo312
05-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Glad to see you were able to get your target fish :Big Grin:
Thanks for the report!

-Daniel

bowler
05-23-2013, 11:19 PM
WTG on the bait. I was checking out some ghost shrimp at Ace fishing tackle on Crenshaw near Alondra park yesterday thinking about bait surf fishing.
DR
thanks

Hey Greg,
You got 2 good looking fish and dinner to boot!
Can't beat that.
Robert
<><
thanks Robert. I know my father-in-law loves fresh fish.

Nice fish bowler. Beautiful looking and thanks for sharing. :Cool:

-Peter
thanks

Nice going out there Bowler! Might not be the biggest spotfin you've ever caught, but it's still a nice fish. Keep it going!!!

Don

Might not be a bad idea there DR. Been a LOT of beans sliding around in the surf lately.:Wink:
I know I can not complain about the size.

Glad to see you were able to get your target fish :Big Grin:
Thanks for the report!

-Daniel
I know this was the second time out trying to get them. I don't target spotfin till July but I started early since I heard there in the surf already.

Hometown
05-23-2013, 11:30 PM
DockRat Ace fishing tackle has been building a nice shop well stocked and good prices.I was there a few weeks ago and saw the new ghost shrimp tank looked like great lively bait