PDA

View Full Version : Henshaw skunk report 5-17

Captwoody
05-20-2013, 10:57 AM
It was noon on friday but i wanted to get out anyway family obligations have kept me home.wanted crappie,got none was at lake from 1-6 no love.saw 10 anglers and 1 carp,1 catfish.dont like to bash but when buying permit asked staff where were the crappie biting and first guy said in the middle(sarcasticly) next guy was more helpful gave me float,rocks by dam and rocky point the float was the only place i saw fish. saw boats come in from 3-6 saw no fish. save gas go somewhere else till it picks up

Dores34
05-25-2013, 10:24 AM
I was just there on Sat 18th and caught 6 crappies and 1 catfish(all on a Boddy Garland baby shad w/nibblet) from the rocks on the south side, below the trial. Was snunked from about 7am -9:45, then caught 3 quick ones. I left around 1pm. All the fish we close in. No casting, just walking the shoreline with the jig in the water in and around the rocks. VERY TOUGH ON THE KNEES. A couple weeks before that I did much better. Thinking about going to Puri or Henshaw for crappie.. OR Perris tomorrow to chase bluegill, but im scared there may be too much of a crowd at Perris.

I*B*CATCHIN
05-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Check other sites www.scsurffishing.com www.socalcatfish.com www.socalcarpclub.com www.carppro.net you need to get some intel before you head out .....a good report doesn't insure that you will catch but it can give you a better advantage of catching .....good luck folks