PDA

View Full Version : The Gills are awake at eldo!!!

Gillslayer
05-19-2013, 07:59 PM
Took the boy to eldo this morning to do some recon on some of my favorite gill spots and also try for some bass as well. He fished yesterday at the alondra park kids catfish derby and caught 9 plus pound of cats. Thanks for the help on bait for him. He caught all his fish on mackerel dipped in bite on garlic his biggest was 3.5 lbs. He had fun that dude loves to fish for anything but this was his first targeting catfish. So after yesterday he wanted to go to eldo so I said what the heck I said yeah. The wife even said it was cool. We caught a total of 17 bluegills. We also hooked 2 bass but they spit the lures. He lost one and I lost one. WE were not happy. We saw this guy catch a 4.5 lber on a jerkbait on lake #2. He put it back which was cool. all bluegill were released safely as well. So overall a pretty good weekend of fishing.

PokerFish
05-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Nice....always great to get the kids out fishing

TonyLisa
05-19-2013, 11:22 PM
Took the boy to eldo this morning to do some recon on some of my favorite gill spots and also try for some bass as well. He fished yesterday at the alondra park kids catfish derby and caught 9 plus pound of cats. Thanks for the help on bait for him. He caught all his fish on mackerel dipped in bite on garlic his biggest was 3.5 lbs. He had fun that dude loves to fish for anything but this was his first targeting catfish. So after yesterday he wanted to go to eldo so I said what the heck I said yeah. The wife even said it was cool. We caught a total of 17 bluegills. We also hooked 2 bass but they spit the lures. He lost one and I lost one. WE were not happy. We saw this guy catch a 4.5 lber on a jerkbait on lake #2. He put it back which was cool. all bluegill were released safely as well. So overall a pretty good weekend of fishing.

Hey I remember you and your son from eldo, we were flyfishing that day you guys where slaying every panfish in there lol, thanks for the report hope to see you guys there again soon

jicasiano
05-20-2013, 04:24 AM
Nice report!! Eldo is great for the kids to catch bluegill when they start spawning!!

-b

I*B*CATCHIN
05-20-2013, 05:15 AM
Racking up brownie pionts for fathers day ...:Envious: I'm glad your boy is your fishing buddy ....your a cool dad ....high 5's to you sir

Hometown
05-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Great report prop to you for takeing your boy fishing if all fathers would spend more time with there kids there would be a lot less crime and better adults.I am glad the mackeral tip helped your son catch some fish

Gillslayer
05-20-2013, 07:34 PM
Hey guys to be honest he takes me fishing. He is the one who got me into bass fishing. That dude would fish every day if he could. He spends all his money that he gets on fishing equipment, baits, whatever. He is really committed to the sport of bass fishing.

reelgurlzfish
05-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Gills are fun to play with. Little guys are fighter. I recently started going after them since other species have been ignoring my calls.

Congrats to bassman in his cat catches at the tournament!

Lakerfan160
05-21-2013, 11:28 PM
Sounds like a great day of fishing