PDA

View Full Version : Short session @silverwood

cambofisher
05-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Got to the lake at 5am and went to the first spot and try my luck with a 6" lunker punker. Fished it hard till 730 but didn't hooked up but did get one blow up but the fish didn't commit just slapped my punker in the air. That was the one and only chance for me at the first spot but my nephew did cacth 3 stripers and a dink bass on a lipless crankbait. Moved to the second spot and no love for my bid to land my first fish on a swimbait setup. Did manage to land 5 largemouth with the largest one about a 1.5lb and the rest being dinks on a dropshot Aaron magic robo worm. My nephew got skunked at the second spot. Left at noon and stopped by bass pro to resupply on some gear and ended spending more than what I wanted to as usual lol. All in all a good little short session and all fish landed were released to get bigger.

Fishbones
05-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Right when you said "stopped by BAss Pro Shop" I pictured $$ signs..lol, good to hear you and the nephew got some fish, was this from shore or boat?

cambofisher
05-19-2013, 10:50 PM
Thanks fishbones..yea it's hard to stay under budget when you're at bass pro..we were fishing from shore

fishincouple
05-20-2013, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the report. Yeah...the water level is all the way up :Crying: Sucks for us shore fisherman.

seal
05-20-2013, 08:39 AM
It was a nice weekend at the Wood the wind finally laid down. Sounds lilke you had a good short session.

Water level being up to me is a good thing, either wet wade or put a pair of waders on and you can fish without a crowd. Also water has come down a hair from it's high point.

cambofisher
05-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Yea the water level is pretty high. This was my first trip there in three years. I know that the fishing can be really good at times. Might have to take the tube out there next time.

karalm
05-21-2013, 09:29 AM
Fished the wood for the first time in over 32 years and on the 4th cast, caught this 6.5 lb bass for my new US personal best. Temp was 64-66. Caught (6) more during the day on D/S robos in oxblood from 5-20'. Pretty fun and will be coming back for more in the future.

Jmac
05-21-2013, 10:15 AM
Nice catch. I struggled that day and only managed 1 fish