PDA

View Full Version : Any trout ... any brownies being caught at the Jewel?

billy b
05-19-2013, 08:27 AM
I know it's probably getting too warm now ... but was there much action through the fall and winter

Just curious ... has the bass and stripers killed the action

I recall some of the legends of this board knocking off some big one ... Peestick lures ... all good times

Hardcor
05-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Brown Trout

http://youtu.be/mQPCI2BRYQs

surfhard
05-19-2013, 05:36 PM
We got a nice trout a few weeks back as we were dropshotting for bass. 2 hogs chased it all the way in.

GdHkSet1
05-23-2013, 08:44 PM
I know it's probably getting too warm now ... but was there much action through the fall and winter

Just curious ... has the bass and stripers killed the action

I recall some of the legends of this board knocking off some big one ... Peestick lures ... all good times

bILLY,

Me and another guy went after some holdovers on the west end last weekend but no joy. I beleive there are some bigtail hookjaws
in there roaming and hunting for bait. We metered some bait in the 60-85' area SW corner. We had the rigs down on the DR.
Actually some of best trips over the years on holdovers were west end mid lake in the summer down DEEP... Good luck out there man

Stormcrow
05-24-2013, 11:57 AM
A couple weeks ago I caught a 10 lb Rainbow on a senko fishing for LMB. Beautiful holdover...

GdHkSet1
05-25-2013, 09:56 AM
A couple weeks ago I caught a 10 lb Rainbow on a senko fishing for LMB. Beautiful holdover...

Right on Strormcrow!

billy b
05-25-2013, 10:28 AM

SWEEEET! ... had to be a pretty sight