PDA

View Full Version : BBL 5/18/13 report

CrownTown
05-18-2013, 08:17 PM
Went to BBL with my dad and brother to meet with some guys from church. We got up there Friday night, and went fishing the next morning. There was a trout tourney going on I believe so we decided to hide away and fish for bass from shore (I'm curious to know how the tourney went, so hopefully someone posts a report about it or will reply). We fished weeds and structure we found along the shore, and caught quite a few little guys using plastics and a few on the fly. I have never caught an LMB on a fly before, and tried targeting them today. Ended up only catching smallies with the fly, which is just as good. Caught a few small LMB's (a pound and under) on plastics however. We also caught a crappie, and the guys we met with caught a few bull heads. Weather was beautiful, and it was a very relaxing day. We taught a few guys how to fish and they had a blast. All around great trip, can't wait to go back up there this summer.

Side note: Bought this fly at bass pro a while ago, it's basically just a pipe cleaner with a bead head. It actually got me a few bites today, I was very surprised. Wish I wasn't using my 3 weight since it was hard to set the hook with, but a cool little fly for guys who fly fish bass. Anyone else tried a similar pattern with success?

paDDy
05-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the report. I am assuming the tourney was slow as I have not seen any reports. I was there the weekend before and had a very hard time getting the trout to cooperate.

bbc
05-24-2013, 04:47 AM
Been tough up here for trout. The fish are scattered everywhere.