PDA

View Full Version : 5/18 limits of wind

DMS
05-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Short day interrupted by ferocious wind. On the board quickly with a troll fish out of the gate. The fish came up across the other line so in unhooking untangling we drifted up near shore to see a male oriole! Lulu loves them and confirmed. Back at it we did not see much and went on to look. YB looked as barren as i have seen in a while and the water looked higher than last week.

Figured I would scout around some... Just couldn't find a spot with marks so I figured I would try a nice point in case... Found one of my spots open and dropped anchor to the guy in a bass boat yelling he was in the tournament and was heading to that point. Well I really don't care about the tourney, but don't like to crowd any fisherman. But for cryin out loud there are 40 boats pounding every point in the lake, even when I am anchored on it. Wtf! But I pulled anchor and moved. Funny a rent boat was trying to anchor right on the other side. I told him the bass guy was yelling at me and we both moved. I understand if I was also in the tourney there are probably some rules for this sort of thing but the guy was on the other side of the cove. Most bass guys I see run to the point they want to fish and don't try to claim half the lake.

After that I looked a bit and set up on another spot with no marks and went to work. We ended up with 5 stripers before the wind blew us off anchors. The wind sucked so bad! Finally packed it in and off the lake at noon. It was intense coming around to the channel. Jet skis and speed boats going the wrong way full throttle as we got wet trying to make it in.

Hopefully wind season is almost over. It was good seeing t/o, bass fan, and fishinone. Maybe I will post a photo later. I looks like last weeks but with 5 stripers instead of 12.

DMS

MikesOcean
05-18-2013, 04:14 PM
It could be fun catching fish on bait, it just sux when the wind is howling like that! And idiots out there make it unenjoyable to fish. Lets just hope June 8 winds cooperate.

fishfinder
05-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Funny title. You are a nicer guy then me, cause I would of told him "Looks like I got here first" And this post brings me to a post. I was out there fishing last saturday and they had a Bass tourny going on. And I don't mean all tourny bass fisherman, but those guys seam like a bunch of rude A holes to me. When i was fishing outside of a cove on a point, 4 out of 4 bass boats would come plowing up to the cove, and swamp us, and not care. The one that was polite and slowed down before he got to us. Thank you for being considerate.

661Bass'n
05-18-2013, 08:28 PM
J
Short day interrupted by ferocious wind. On the board quickly with a troll fish out of the gate. The fish came up across the other line so in unhooking untangling we drifted up near shore to see a male oriole! Lulu loves them and confirmed. Back at it we did not see much and went on to look. YB looked as barren as i have seen in a while and the water looked higher than last week.

Figured I would scout around some... Just couldn't find a spot with marks so I figured I would try a nice point in case... Found one of my spots open and dropped anchor to the guy in a bass boat yelling he was in the tournament and was heading to that point. Well I really don't care about the tourney, but don't like to crowd any fisherman. But for cryin out loud there are 40 boats pounding every point in the lake, even when I am anchored on it. Wtf! But I pulled anchor and moved. Funny a rent boat was trying to anchor right on the other side. I told him the bass guy was yelling at me and we both moved. I understand if I was also in the tourney there are probably some rules for this sort of thing but the guy was on the other side of the cove. Most bass guys I see run to the point they wan
t to fish and don't try to claim half the lake.

After that I looked a bit and set up on another spot with no marks and went to work. We ended up with 5 stripers before the wind blew us off anchors. The wind sucked so bad! Finally packed it in and off the lake at noon. It was intense coming around to the channel. Jet skis and speed boats going the wrong way full throttle as we got wet trying to make it in.
K
Hopefully wind season is almost over. It o good seeing t/o, bass fan, and fishinone. Maybe I will post a photo later. I looks like last weeks but with 5 stripers instead of 12.

DMS

DMS,

I was there too, it sucked!!!! I was back by yellow bar I think that's what its called, anyways I tried to
find another place about 11 and that was a mistake. Wind almost pushed up against some rocks. I called it
a day at one...skunked..lol tomorrow's another day but maybe at Castaic...

cutbait
05-18-2013, 09:01 PM
I would of continued to anchor and yell back at him the shore is all yours!..

I had dip **** bass guy one cut between me and a bank with 15 feet to spare, then dip **** bass guy 2 cut the otherside with 20 feet just to have both 50 feet in the back of the cove coming back out of the same pocket they went in past me by.

Your story and this makes me wished I had killed that 8 lb bedfish in bear trap

It was bad yest too

DMS
05-18-2013, 10:06 PM
Yes... Maybe I should have told the guy to ... Off but I didn't. Funny how I don't see those tourney guys working a long shoreline so much, in see them zoom in cast cast cast and zoom out. A few are good and don't wake me as they run by, but the whole, "I'm in the tournament" as some excuse to own the entire cove. I am going to have toeat a few green carp this season as they are now impacting the striper fishing. Lol
Good bob got them in the end... We got enough and the howling wind starts taking the fun out of it. I don't want lulu to get tired of going and want to keep it fun!
I hope someone turns off the fan soon!

cutbait
05-19-2013, 05:04 AM
Yes... Maybe I should have told the guy to ... Off but I didn't. Funny how I don't see those tourney guys working a long shoreline so much, in see them zoom in cast cast cast and zoom out. A few are good and don't wake me as they run by, but the whole, "I'm in the tournament" as some excuse to own the entire cove. I am going to have toeat a few green carp this season as they are now impacting the striper fishing. Lol
Good bob got them in the end... We got enough and the howling wind starts taking the fun out of it. I don't want lulu to get tired of going and want to keep it fun!
I hope someone turns off the fan soon!

They see it on Bassmasters and think its the "thing to do"

You know they consider bait n waiters and anything other than tourney anglers, second rate anglers. For sure...

Good point with your wife being on board, but giving him the shoreline is more than fair

DMS
05-19-2013, 06:49 AM
They see it on Bassmasters and think its the "thing to do"

You know they consider bait n waiters and anything other than tourney anglers, second rate anglers. For sure...

Good point with your wife being on board, but giving him the shoreline is more than fair

She thought I did the wise and good thing and I was referring also to packing in early due to the wind. We will fish again next week!

fishfinder
05-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Hopefully the Pyramid staff (who I think are doing a great job restoring pyramid to its glory days) will read this a give the tourny guys a little speach about there behavier on the lake toward non tourny boats on the lake. I would rather have the lake lice then the tourny boats on the water. And its clear here that it is a problem.