PDA

View Full Version : Fisherman's Hardware in HB, owner is an A-Hole

mbb
05-17-2013, 04:27 PM
I don't usually do this kind of posts but I am still pretty upset. I'm no expert so when I have questions I like to go there because Matt at the counter and the other young guys are great with that stuff but they lost a customer today. As usual the guys were great answering some questions then a fat old man who clearly was in his office sleeping comes out only to be a sarcastic a-hole. I was looking through their boxes of grubs but they were all mixed up. I picked a few and kept shopping. The owner walks by and said " have fun mixing up the grubs?" I said I didn't mix those up and I don't think its good customer service to accuse me. He continues being sarcastic and I got more upset. It might not be a big deal but people pay more $ at that store and usually because of the help and not to be treated like a child by an old cranky half asleep owner.

Fishbones
05-17-2013, 05:08 PM
lol, what a jerk... I have run into people like this and it sucks, your just their for info and to spend money, go figure.. most times I wont return.
If I do return then I just ignore them, that usually does the trick.... maybe tell them your on a lot of fishing forums and bad reports go along way...

sshernandez
05-21-2013, 03:41 PM
I know what you mean. that guy is a big A hole. He gave me crap after i took my phenix i got from them. It took him 2 mounths to give me a call only to give me back the same rod back and said sorry i can't do anything about it. So i said he had the worse customer service and the told me F you get out.. Lol.. I just left laughing. I will never go back there ever. So i took the same broken rod to long fin and told them the story when they just said this ain't the first time we here this and replaced my phoenix on the spot.. Lol

sshernandez
05-21-2013, 03:56 PM
So if you want great customer service go to Long Fin in Orange there the best..

DarkShadow
05-21-2013, 04:01 PM
And people wonder why most people do their shopping online.

You'd think that more shop owners would realize the advantages they have from online shops, and focus on those, customer service being the primary one. You should've stayed a while and re-arranged all their grubs. Then you can say that he was telling the truth.

Although I do miss going to local tackle stores and hearing the stories being told in every part of the store.

"I swear, it was THIS big...."

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/8462/7964759808b05834e3c0o.jpg

gogreeenz4
05-21-2013, 04:34 PM

damn what a bummer!! you would think owners would be the nicest employee in the shop or at least have some what of decent customer service...

but +100 to the LongFin being the best!!

reservoir dog
05-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Usually if someone says something sarcastic I would just ignore them and pretend I didn't hear them. Then they'll feel stupid like they're talking to themselves. It's either that or I comeback with a quick sarcastic response. Old Jedi mind trick...use the force Luke! May the force be with you.

one long cast
05-21-2013, 05:39 PM
You gentlemen are correct about Don he has a problem. I don't go there myself, I found another place in HB called Charkbait, on the corner of Bolsa Chica and Hiel. Good place.

Vman
05-21-2013, 09:33 PM
I used to go to that place alot. I know about this guy. He never messed with me but I can see how grumpy he is most of the time. The funny thing is that the helps are actually very nice.

Vman
05-21-2013, 09:37 PM

Yep, You can get good deals on used rods and reels there.

phishin phool
05-21-2013, 09:42 PM
X1,000,000 I'm glad I saw this post so I can ad my 2 cents. Longfin staff are awesome and I drive from Corona to shop there just because they care about their customers and are fair and treat us with respect. GO TO THE LONGFIN!!!!!!!!!!

LGHT
05-28-2013, 03:03 PM
haha I used to shop there a long time ago, but now I spend the extra 20 min on the 55 to longfin.

Poxy Boggards
05-29-2013, 10:09 AM
X1,000,000 I'm glad I saw this post so I can ad my 2 cents. Longfin staff are awesome and I drive from Corona to shop there just because they care about their customers and are fair and treat us with respect. GO TO THE LONGFIN!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't agree more, The Longfin is awesome! Great selection and a Friendly staff who are willing to help, and recognize return customers.

Knives
05-29-2013, 10:23 AM
I just stocked up at the longfin for a 5 day trip. People there were great and the prices were amazing compared to ever other shop I had looked through.

I*B*CATCHIN
06-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Such a shame he probably doesn't even think he has a problem ......you might wanna complain about what happened & ask for the owner ..tell him what happened & then describe what the person look like ....then he will realize his behavior ..most likely he won't admit its him , but at least he will have a idea of what he's doing & how iys affecting his business

sshernandez
06-03-2013, 09:34 AM
I*B* CATCHIN the bad thing is we are talking about the owner ..lol

DarkShadow
06-03-2013, 01:39 PM
& then describe what the person look like ....

That's easy, all you have to do is hand the guy a mirror apparently.