PDA

View Full Version : June lake question

elfarolitojr03
05-16-2013, 11:15 PM
Going up to June lake the first week of June with my gf. She got us a three night stay in some cabins up there (can't think of the names right now) but anyways would like to know how the fish bite is up there and if there are any good spots I could check out.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks FNNers

greg
05-17-2013, 08:22 AM
Fishing from shore or a boat? I've always enjoyed shore fishing at Silver where Alger Creek enters the lake (near the Resort office). There is lots of shore to fish this lake. At June Lake, try shore fishing off the rocks below the road near the beach. Gull shore fishing is very limited but "the rock" (the west end of the lake) or off the playground are productive (these are areas where the hatchery truck dumps the fish). Rush Creek between Silver and Grant is fun - try crickets (must purchase in Bishop).

If you rent a boat, you really open up your possibilities...

jimbo1
05-17-2013, 09:25 AM
Talk to the guys at Ernie's tackle shop first.

They always tell me to go the west side of the lake. There are lots of private dock over there and the reeds that stick out of the water. Go past the reeds and try to find a spot, not on a private dock, to throw out where you can reach a good drop-off. Any drop-off could work. Garlic dough, or bob some nightcrawlers = couple an hour, minimum. hit Rush creek, if you can./. troll silver in the am, if you can. good luck

elfarolitojr03
05-17-2013, 08:27 PM
thanks greg and jimbo1. will try different places and different set ups. should be a nice weekend. cabins, gf and fishing, what more could i ask for haha

dbfishing
05-18-2013, 01:27 PM
was up there the 13th thru 16th. Stayed in mammoth but fished the loop most the time. lots of fish near mouth of rush creek super duper and buoyant worked well for me. Super duper and panther martin were working on rush creek down towards grant a little not too far though water level was low. Parker creek was also pretty good its down past grant lake on the left. Being that we stayed in the mammoth lakes ares we fished george, mary, maime, which all produced some decent holdovers all on super duper and the crowds were light. Also hit up lee vining if you get a chance lots of fishing to be done there as well as lots of fish. just go up the 120 and hit up all the spots along there lots of fish there right now. good luck.