PDA

View Full Version : Another good day at San Antonio

kahuna72
05-16-2013, 09:22 PM
Aloha, Me and the wife decided to go to the lake in the morning instead of just going in the late afternoon as usual. We got there about 9ish, first stop wife catches a small but fiesty smallmouth. At the next stop we walk the shoreline and get nothing for about 2 hours. We decide to go to the other side of the cove that we were at and hit the point. Wife catches a small largemouth about 1 1/2 lb. I help her release her fish and, cast close to where she was fishing, I catch a smallmouth about 1 1/2 pounds. Next cast I catch a nice largemouth about 2 1/2 lbs. A short time later wife catches another smallmouth about 1lb. About 20 minutes later I catch another largemouth about 3 lbs. Wife then hooks a fish but loses it before she can bring it in. About 15 minutes later I see something chasing shad right in front of me and make a cast, I hook another largemouth and as I'm bringing it in it jumps out of the water and off my hook. Damn it! I cast right out again and hook another largemouth, this time it feels really good, it makes a jump and I see what probably would have been the biggest largemouth I have ever caught, the head was huge and it get off. I'm pissed now, I reel in my jig and see that my hook was straightened out. The last spot we stopped at the wife catches a nice largemouth about 2 1/2 lbs. We left the lake at about 2:15 since I coach track & field at the local high school and needed to get to practice at 3. So the wife hooked 5 and brought in 4,40741407424074340744407454074640747 and I hooked 5 and brought in 3. Pretty good day even tho we were fishing from the shore.

trail blazer
05-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Great job bro,,,,,,,,,,,you guys rock,d it again,,,,,,,,,Do you have a boat??if so GO FOR THE STRIPERS,,,,,i was up there a few weeks ago and found,m feeding

kahuna72
05-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Trailblazer, yes I do have a boat, I didn't think the Stripers were hitting yet, did you catch any? I would like to catch some of those Stripers, I got 1 about 10 lbs last year and threw it on the BBQ, its was delicious. Have been seeing alot of minnows lately tho, but haven't seen the Stripers cahsing them yet.

trail blazer
05-17-2013, 10:41 AM
actually kahuna I put up a report from that trip in the so,cal section,,,,,,,,,,,,,here it is!

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?72378-Sanantonio-recon-FNNs-FINEST-seeing-whats-going-on-in-PIGGY-LAND!

jimbo1
05-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Great Job, Kahuna. Thanks for the report. Pics are great too. Good luck with the rest of your track season, coach. How cool would it have been to reel in that big boy who pulled your hook straight???!!!

joejoe77
05-17-2013, 02:24 PM
Great Report kahuna! Good to hear the fishing is good. The trim on my ****** boat is out so I haven't hardly fished at all this year. But I'm hoping to be out chasing Stripers in about 2 weeks. Nice report Trailblazer I didn't see it cause I usually look in here for San Antonio reports. Great fish both of you. Making me itch to get out there.

Joe Joe

plumbertom
05-20-2013, 12:24 PM
As much as I'm getting desperate to get out and fish The 'Tone, cash flow and scheduling is keeping me off the water.
I do much appreciate the reports though. If I can't go I like reading about those that can.
Besides it may just cause me to force a change in the schedule and steal some cash from something else.