PDA

View Full Version : not too familiar with mice tails ... how do

billy b
05-16-2013, 03:29 PM
you like to rig them up?
I was thinking of using a #8 mosquito and starting to thread the hook just under the egg ...??

Do you both bait and wait ... as well as jig them? Do you think it's better to combine them yourself ... or buy them already made together?

Which colors do you like

Thanks for any help to my novice questions.

shiromaguro88
05-16-2013, 04:13 PM
I started using the Berkeley micetail this year with great success. My most effective color is flor. Orange/chartreuse head. I used it with size 8 eagle claw laser sharp on Carolina rig. When the bite slows down you can jig it back. I also dip it in bite on garlic. My friend also adds power bait on top.

fish'n fool
05-17-2013, 10:29 AM
I use a size 10 Mosquito hook but a size 8 would be good, too. Anyway, I thread the Micetail on by inserting the hook starting at the top of the egg and then exiting the worm portion, so only the barbed end is visible. Make sure the shank of the hook is in line with the Micetail. My friend likes to retrieve about a foot every minute or so. He's good at it. Buying the Micetails pre-made is much easier.
you like to rig them up?
I was thinking of using a #8 mosquito and starting to thread the hook just under the egg ...??

Do you both bait and wait ... as well as jig them? Do you think it's better to combine them yourself ... or buy them already made together?

Which colors do you like

Thanks for any help to my novice questions.