PDA

View Full Version : S.W.A.T Just a few more points for the Youngins

Jaysuuun
05-16-2013, 01:09 PM
So my last surf session with Daniel ended up in a big fat SKUNK and during that session my wader boots finally decided to call it quits.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/DSC01955_zps6fa94331.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/DSC01956_zpsd883d015.jpg

I'll make this short. Didn't plan on fishing, but I headed to Sports Authority to buy some replacements and decided to do a last minute fishing trip. Conditions were not ideal, but I felt like getting the line wet and I felt the need to contribute some points to the Whippersnappers. After hearing about Daniel's WSBs I decided to head to the same spot hoping they would still be hangin around. I combed the area for the first hour and a half without a nibble and was starting to smell the skunk, when I snagged a short leo (not pictured). Well... skunk was off, but that catch was accidental and that still felt like a skunk to me.:Neutral: Headed out to the rocks and landed my first decent fish of the morning. :Razz:

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/DSC01957_zps931d11be.jpg

Casted again and bang! A better model :Cool:
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/DSC01959_zps9ae24d21.jpg

But not enough for some points. :mad:
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/DSC01960_zpsa9a9f825.jpg

Another shortie
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/DSC01961_zps15825063.jpg

I picked up this lure at the LFS. It's an Owner Cultiva. I thought it would be a killer pattern for the bass, but I lost it on the first cast! :Angry:
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/DSC01962_zps7537998e.jpg

I tied on one of my "thrasher" LC's and ended the day with this fat sandie. Finally! Some Points! :Dancing Banana:
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/DSC01964_zps6aea71c8.jpg

Thanks for reading:Cool:

dlmoo312
05-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Nice job out there Jason! Every point counts at this point :Wink:
It seems like you have better luck using your thrasher LCs lol
Glad to hear you got your boot replaced. I was feeling bad for you during our last outing especially after seeing that your foot was completely exposed.
My new waders just came in the mail today so it looks like the both of us are back in business :Big Grin: Now we just need to get ken a pair!

-Daniel

5150fishn
05-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Nice sandies bro! Sounds like a good day on the water. Thanks for the report and pics.

skunked4life
05-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Jaysuun! Great job out there! By the way, did you buy the wader shoes? I have a promo code for 20% off. Let me know!

bachiboy
05-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Ummm, not to burst your bubble bro, but guess you didn't know that the fish caught off the rocks don't count.:Shocked: I actually was asking Arthur that as we ventured out there last weekend. I think he'd actually have added more points to our total with a couple checkers he got, but he said it's not technically "surf-caught". Sorry to hear about the boots...nice fish though!:Wink:

Don

Amendment...MY BAD, I just re-read the rules in the PM and turd-rollers didn't have the "surf only" stipulation, so it's points for the Youngin's after all! Sorry about that and CONGRATS J!

exfactor
05-16-2013, 04:09 PM
If your wearing out your wader shoes, your boldly going, and working it hard. Bonus points for that from me!!!! I'm on my 5th pair now lol.

murrieta angler
05-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Hey Jason,
Good job with calico's Bro...:Wink:
Too bad about the boots though, why can't the manufacturers make better quality products?! :Angry:
It's almost "W" Day, are you ready?! :Envious:
I might get out on Sunday, depends on the weather though.
Take care,
Robert
<><

p.s. tell tess Hi :Smile:

Which Way Out
05-16-2013, 09:37 PM
You guys get so many different kinds of fish to shoot for down there.

Congrats Jason. Get em while you can.

WWO

jerryG
05-17-2013, 12:15 AM
Looks like you tore up the bass and tore up your boots too.. Some good results to show for your efforts and earned some points for the Young Guns too. All and all another successful trip. Sorry to hear about the lost Cultiva though. I have that same one but a different pattern (metallic sardine originally but all the paint chipped off so I touched it up with nail polish). I have had that lure for years and although I have not fished it much. It does catch fish. I remember catching at least one legal halibut on it plus some shorts and some perch.

JerryG

PTN
05-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Don't you hate malfunctions when you are fishing?! :Angry: At least you didn't let that deter you and you caught some fish the next day. Nice bass and keep racking up those points! Congrats on the fat sandie Jason.

-Peter

Wingnut
05-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Jason, We "Old Timers" would like to apologize for blowing the boots right off the Young Guns with the way we've been fishing... :Twisted: :Wink: :Envious: :ROFL:

Bachiboy is right... only surf catches count for points.... read the fine print of the "Rules of Engagement." :LOL:
Only a couple of weeks left gentlemen! :Big Grin:

jinbow
05-17-2013, 07:29 PM
Congrats to the 3 Calicos and 1 Sand bass, thats pretty good for a session worth. Glad you put some points for the younguns! :LOL:
Sorry to hear you lost that lure, on the 1st cast.
Thanks for the report!

Albert (jinbow)

Jaysuuun
05-18-2013, 01:12 AM
Nice job out there Jason! Every point counts at this point :Wink:
It seems like you have better luck using your thrasher LCs lol
Glad to hear you got your boot replaced. I was feeling bad for you during our last outing especially after seeing that your foot was completely exposed.
My new waders just came in the mail today so it looks like the both of us are back in business :Big Grin: Now we just need to get ken a pair!

-Daniel

Too bad my points didn't count. :Neutral: Didn't realize that the catches had to be from the "sand". Oh well, I'll just have to do more fishing.:Cool: I tipped off ken on a good deal on some waders, so hopefully he'll be getting a pair soon.

Nice sandies bro! Sounds like a good day on the water. Thanks for the report and pics.

Thanks. Conditions were fairly rough out there that day, but fishable. Glad I was able to find a few bass.

Jaysuun! Great job out there! By the way, did you buy the wader shoes? I have a promo code for 20% off. Let me know!

Ken, I already bought the boots. Did you find some waders? :Wink:

Ummm, not to burst your bubble bro, but guess you didn't know that the fish caught off the rocks don't count.:Shocked: I actually was asking Arthur that as we ventured out there last weekend. I think he'd actually have added more points to our total with a couple checkers he got, but he said it's not technically "surf-caught". Sorry to hear about the boots...nice fish though!:Wink:

Don

Amendment...MY BAD, I just re-read the rules in the PM and turd-rollers didn't have the "surf only" stipulation, so it's points for the Youngin's after all! Sorry about that and CONGRATS J!

Don, yes, you bursted my bubble! LOL j/k It's all good a bass is a bass and if this is a surf challenge then technically it should be caught on sand. I'll just need to find some bass that are willing to play in the surf

If your wearing out your wader shoes, your boldly going, and working it hard. Bonus points for that from me!!!! I'm on my 5th pair now lol.

Whoa! 5th Pair! That was barely my first pair. haahahha :LOL:

Hey Jason,
Good job with calico's Bro...:Wink:
Too bad about the boots though, why can't the manufacturers make better quality products?! :Angry:
It's almost "W" Day, are you ready?! :Envious:
I might get out on Sunday, depends on the weather though.
Take care,
Robert
<><

p.s. tell tess Hi :Smile:

Robert, the boots were pretty cheap anyways. I'm surprised they lasted this long. My new pair is much nicer. :Cool:

I can't believe the big day is almost here. Still so much more to do and time is going by so fast. I wish I could do some fishing on Sunday, but I'm working graveyard. :Sad:

You guys get so many different kinds of fish to shoot for down there.

Congrats Jason. Get em while you can.

WWO

Thanks Bill. Looks like the northerner beaches are heating up. Time for you to land a nice fish of your own. :Cool:

Looks like you tore up the bass and tore up your boots too.. Some good results to show for your efforts and earned some points for the Young Guns too. All and all another successful trip. Sorry to hear about the lost Cultiva though. I have that same one but a different pattern (metallic sardine originally but all the paint chipped off so I touched it up with nail polish). I have had that lure for years and although I have not fished it much. It does catch fish. I remember catching at least one legal halibut on it plus some shorts and some perch.

JerryG

Thanks Jerry. I need to get me another one those lures. Glad to hear you've had a positive experience with them. Maybe next time I should cast away from the boiler rocks so it'll last long enough to catch me some fish. :LOL:

Don't you hate malfunctions when you are fishing?! :Angry: At least you didn't let that deter you and you caught some fish the next day. Nice bass and keep racking up those points! Congrats on the fat sandie Jason.

-Peter

It was about time to retire those boots anyways. The heels had broken off those awhile back and I'm surprised they lasted this long for me. That sandie looked like she was eating well, too bad it didn't count on the scoreboard though.

Jason, We "Old Timers" would like to apologize for blowing the boots right off the Young Guns with the way we've been fishing... :Twisted: :Wink: :Envious: :ROFL:

Bachiboy is right... only surf catches count for points.... read the fine print of the "Rules of Engagement." :LOL:
Only a couple of weeks left gentlemen! :Big Grin:

hahahahha I'll be sure to keep my feet planted in the sand next time. I guess I'll have to find some bass elsewhere :Wink:

Congrats to the 3 Calicos and 1 Sand bass, thats pretty good for a session worth. Glad you put some points for the younguns! :LOL:
Sorry to hear you lost that lure, on the 1st cast.
Thanks for the report!

Albert (jinbow)

Albert, the points didn't count since they were caught off the rocks. Too bad. I'll try scoring more points another day. Oh and I'll get a new lure too. :Cool:

dlmoo312
05-18-2013, 08:09 PM
your 16incher kinda looks like a calico/sandy mix

russ88
05-18-2013, 11:46 PM
pretty cool... hats of to you!

blackwater
05-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Wow those boots looks pretty tough to come apart like that. :Surprised:
Points or no points, you caught some nice fish there Jason, good job. :Big Grin: