PDA

View Full Version : OC area surf fishing good spots to recommend?

Slickwill43
05-15-2013, 03:17 PM
Hey all I am a pretty recent addition to socal surf fishing, I have been going out with a couple of buddies usually around the NPB area or CDM, I am looking to expand and move both up and down the coast and am looking for suggestions of places to try out within 30min drive.

Mainly we have been catching BSPs, occasional YFC, rarely short Hallies, and 1-3ft Leopard which was pretty fun fight.

Thanks for any advice on where to go, wed also be happy to meetup with anyone who doesn't mind sharing a good spot and is willing
to tell us what we are probably doing wrong heh.

Good fishing!

JL
05-16-2013, 07:25 PM
Best general info is to read the Surf and Harbor section. If you go back a several months there is plenty of info on what to use. Also recently Western outdoor news has been featuring a Surf fishing column There are a number of great surf fisherman on this forum that may not give you a solid location but will tell you what type of water to look for. Tight Lines and God Bless.

Sonnyyy
05-17-2013, 01:52 AM
Im still searching for my secret area with my friends! We just got into surf fishing after reading a lot of post on this forum. The guys are great on here with solid information. Just walk the beach, Check out google satellite for good spots and try a new place out! We are doing it reverse in long beach-seal beach in we are from santa ana :P

PTN
05-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Try them all! That's the fun in surf fishing too, finding a new spot where you don't see too many people and calling it your own "secret" spot. :Cool: Google Earth/maps helps a lot. Look for big structure on it like jetties and mouths and rips. All the beaches near NPB and CDM have good fishing. Newport Beach all the way to Seal Beach. Can't really go wrong choosing beaches between those. Good luck!

-Peter

Slickwill43
05-23-2013, 11:42 AM
Thanks for all the ideas and recommendations guys I appreciate it, I think its time to try to find some new fun spots!