PDA

View Full Version : is there any fish out there ????

lostfisherman
05-15-2013, 01:12 PM
I went to 2 spots near Malibu coming home empty handed what is going on is summer not a good time to fish?

PTN
05-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Nope, no fish anywhere. :Rolls Eyes::ROFL:

Have you checked out the reports below? :LOL:

Summer is a great time to fish. I could be more helpful if you gave us some details as where you are fishing (surf, jetty, boat, pier, etc.), and what bait you are using, etc.

-Peter

ml8fish
05-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Hey sometimes... :Skunk: happens.

Ml

lostfisherman
05-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Nope, no fish anywhere. :Rolls Eyes::ROFL:

Have you checked out the reports below? :LOL:

Summer is a great time to fish. I could be more helpful if you gave us some details as where you are fishing (surf, jetty, boat, pier, etc.), and what bait you are using, etc.

-Peter

Hello Peter,

i am just fishing the surf using the camo worm and lucky craft lure blue sardine

PTN
05-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Hello Peter,

i am just fishing the surf using the camo worm and lucky craft lure blue sardine

Hi lostfisherman,

Sounds like you are using the right baits. Although you will have to work harder for a bite on the LC, it usually pays off better than the sand worm. Not sure if you know how to look for structure in the surf, but try that. There's an article in the other section that can help or refresh your memory if you already know how. If they aren't biting there on the sand worm, keep moving until you find another hole/trench. Stay mobile and keep moving and casting if they aren't biting. I have been skunked on the sand worm a couple of times just because it just wasn't my day and the fish just didn't feel like biting. Work the sand worm slowly and keep in contact with it so you can feel the nibbles. The LC, you just keep casting and reeling. I usually cast hundreds of times before I get 1 bite... Sometimes I get no bites at all on the LC.

Hope this helps, but if you knew all this already, just keep going out there and keep trying. Can't catch fish without a line in the water.:Smile: Good luck! The fishing around your area is picking up with the warmer waters. Let us know how you do. And another advice, keep track on tides, weather, baits, and stuff like that when you do go fishing. Sometimes the skunk days are the days you learn the most and you can key in when the best time to up your chances of catching fish.

lostfisherman
05-16-2013, 07:06 PM
thank you :)

ScottyP
05-17-2013, 05:50 PM
And another advice, keep track on tides, weather, baits, and stuff like that when you do go fishing. Sometimes the skunk days are the days you learn the most and you can key in when the best time to up your chances of catching fish.

Best advice I've heard on FNN all year. Thank you. :Applause: