PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow at the 'Vine ( rather than Corona?)

BassinDas
05-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Howdy all - I have a couple of questions regarding catfishing.

I have some mackerel and anchovies that are frozen. I picked up some lip rippers mac attractant as the Bite on was all gone. Do I thaw the bait before we go? Use it unfrozen?

Also, Where is boat dock cove on the lake, I dont see it on any of the maps that are available.

Thank you,

Really trying to lose the skunk stripe, I have the worst luck fishing.

Thanks!

Donnie

fish ful
05-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Hay Donnie, Boat dock cove is infront of the store, fishing cleaning stations and boat ramp. If you see the rental boats...that's it. As far as the bait. i like to keep it frozen. it stays on the hook better. just make sure it's not too frozen to get the hook into it. If it's thawed, it gets mushy and is hard to keep it on the hook when you cast. it will thaw more during the day.

Hope that helps......Good luck!

BassinDas
05-15-2013, 02:19 PM
Hay Donnie, Boat dock cove is infront of the store, fishing cleaning stations and boat ramp. If you see the rental boats...that's it. As far as the bait. i like to keep it frozen. it stays on the hook better. just make sure it's not too frozen to get the hook into it. If it's thawed, it gets mushy and is hard to keep it on the hook when you cast. it will thaw more during the day.

Hope that helps......Good luck!

Yes that makes total sense with both answers. I figured Id look for boats - docked - in a cove. Frozen, cut chunky and dip em. Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Donnie