PDA

View Full Version : Duct workers.

moparferlife
05-15-2013, 11:01 AM
Any one notice that they act all werid when your fishing the duct. They always stare at me and sometimes take pictures and this morning one stoped by my truck and was looking and writing something but took off as a approached him.

Anyone else have any encounters lile this?

Tubbytuba
05-15-2013, 11:08 AM
you know what, when i hit the other day a man had come and checked the gates off of oasis road. then he drove off bout a hundred yards, stopped and watched me. though t was weird too.

Good Hunting

moparferlife
05-15-2013, 11:14 AM
you know what, when i hit the other day a man had come and checked the gates off of oasis road. then he drove off bout a hundred yards, stopped and watched me. though t was weird too.

Good Hunting
Same thing with me he checked the gates and the building then stopped stared at me for awhile then stopped by my truck before leaving.

dk4885
05-15-2013, 11:15 AM
Any one notice that they act all werid when your fishing the duct. They always stare at me and sometimes take pictures and this morning one stoped by my truck and was looking and writing something but took off as a approached him.

For some reason they are taking license plate # down. Last week it happen to me 3 times.

cutbait
05-15-2013, 11:30 AM
I had them offer me sandwiches and a cold beverage.

But then I'm a Bako boy...... sooo results my vary

flyhigh123
05-15-2013, 11:32 AM
conspiracy theory

Jig-Guy
05-15-2013, 11:56 AM
I hope the state does not stop us from fishing the duct, my secret spot! Vandalism and trash my becoming an issue? I always bring out my trash and do not mess anything up.

AqueDuck
05-15-2013, 12:19 PM

I know you mentioned fences cut and you fishing inside them before in your area. Maybe that's why? I have seen people have total disregard and park and block access at their drive gates. I had one of the lady techs offer me a key once but I declined. She must have really liked me or been joking?

gogreeenz4
05-15-2013, 12:34 PM
I hope the state does not stop us from fishing the duct, my secret spot! Vandalism and trash my becoming an issue? I always bring out my trash and do not mess anything up.

they have taken everyother water way similiar to the duct away from us so its just a matter of time...Ninja's will prevail :)

seal
05-15-2013, 12:40 PM
they have taken everyother water way similiar to the duct away from us so its just a matter of time...Ninja's will prevail :)

Ninja the Duct? Really not a lot of places to hide except in the water, at least they'll end up feeding the catfish.

AqueDuck
05-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Ninja the Duct? Really not a lot of places to hide except in the water, at least they'll end up feeding the catfish.

Scuba dive!

koifish
05-15-2013, 12:59 PM
I have seen and talked to them several times. They are nice. Normally security guys are in the jeep Cherokee and duct's workers are in the big white truck. maybe there are something wrong lately !!!

bassoholic
05-15-2013, 12:59 PM
lol........believe it or not, not all people actual fish at the duct. Many dump bodies, murder weapons, stolen merchandise, stolen cars, etc., into the duct. If employees are staring at you, writing down plates, they are only doing it for precautionary measures. If you're not cutting fences and/or fishing in areas you shouldn't be, or vandalising state property, you don't have anything to worry about. FISH ONNN!!!!

goodguy
05-15-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm sure they're just making note of who is out there just in case. Valdalism... Dropping dead bodies etc..... Can't blame me for being safe...

Risso
05-15-2013, 02:29 PM
I went out to 70th street on Saturday night, and there was a sheriff car scanning hard with his flood light. The two officers inside the car asked everyone for their i.d., and even asked me for my fishing license when they saw me walking out with my pole. Maybe unrelated, but who knows.

cutbait
05-15-2013, 02:35 PM
I went out to 70th street on Saturday night, and there was a sheriff car scanning hard with his flood light. The two officers inside the car asked everyone for their i.d., and even asked me for my fishing license when they saw me walking out with my pole. Maybe unrelated, but who knows.

If only the boards resident duct employee would stop pretending he's not, maybe he could explain?

cutbait
05-15-2013, 02:42 PM
I will also add cameras are being installed on check gates in the valley.

Can't say anything for AV region, but sounds like u guys are experiencing it also

the_samich
05-15-2013, 03:12 PM
They found a body in the aqueduct near Huron about 2 months ago crazy.

seal
05-15-2013, 03:16 PM
Terrorism concerns? Dead bodies, stolen cars dumped (although Mac trucks are a new one!), vandalism all have been going on forever out there. The hightened alert status seems a little "fishy"?

AqueDuck
05-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Check it. Yes clean up your trash. Pack out what you bring in. I wholeheartedly agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZmzVkbr8_E

AqueDuck
05-15-2013, 07:28 PM
Part deux

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_yFUxMop8k

cutbait
05-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Cool vids aquaduck.

Not a gitzit fan but they do work.

I've seen Steve Merlo a bunch a times at the duct.

Noone has fished it longer than him and his bro.

BakoBassin
05-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Buddy and I were fishing a spot that was posted "No Trespassing" (not the pump station) and a guy drove by and just waved.

BakoBassin
05-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Cool vids aquaduck.

Not a gitzit fan but they do work.

I've seen Steve Merlo a bunch a times at the duct.

Noone has fished it longer than him and his bro.

They know Kern County. I used to catch the bulk of my bass on Merlo Sluggos on the split-shot. I can't seem to catch one with that method since I've moved on to different methods.