PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been out to Lake elsinore lately?

Hoot951
05-14-2013, 01:15 AM
I was just wondering has anyone been out to Lake Elsinore lately?

CrownTown
05-14-2013, 11:16 AM
I want to go but I heard they closed down a lot of spots. Can you still launch a tube from the beaches or do you need to pay and launch at marina?

Hoot951
05-14-2013, 11:46 AM
I want to go but I heard they closed down a lot of spots. Can you still launch a tube from the beaches or do you need to pay and launch at marina?

The report says some fish are hitting pretty good but i'm new to the lake and IDK where to fish at.

bassoholic
05-14-2013, 02:56 PM
The report says some fish are hitting pretty good but i'm new to the lake and IDK where to fish at.

I'm pretty sure there's a tournament coming up there shortly so I'm sure there are fish and they are biting.

HOOK & BOOK
05-14-2013, 06:44 PM
According to the Lake Elsinore web-site under the Lake use FAQ.

"Q: What fees apply to kayaks?
A: Non-motorized vessels, such as kayaks, canoes and sailboards, must purchase a "Daily Lake Use Pass" and keep it on the vessel at all times. These types of vessels may be launched from a public beach. For frequent users, an "Annual Lake Use Pass" good for the calendar year (Jan 1 - Dec 31) may be purchased from the Cashier at City Hall for non-motorized vessels at a substantial savings.

Not sure what they are catching. I have only fihed it once on my kayak last week. Got 2 catfish early in the morning, nothing else the rest of the day.

Hoot951
05-14-2013, 08:34 PM
According to the Lake Elsinore web-site under the Lake use FAQ.

"Q: What fees apply to kayaks?
A: Non-motorized vessels, such as kayaks, canoes and sailboards, must purchase a "Daily Lake Use Pass" and keep it on the vessel at all times. These types of vessels may be launched from a public beach. For frequent users, an "Annual Lake Use Pass" good for the calendar year (Jan 1 - Dec 31) may be purchased from the Cashier at City Hall for non-motorized vessels at a substantial savings.

Not sure what they are catching. I have only fihed it once on my kayak last week. Got 2 catfish early in the morning, nothing else the rest of the day.

Well for me I want to catch some wipers so I can mark it off my list.

fishincouple
05-14-2013, 08:43 PM
We were out in March. Not going to help the current bite, but we did see some areas where you can gain access from the surrounding streets. Use Google Maps, you'll find some stuff. I'd be sure to pay the small fee for the pass so as to not get harassed tho IMO. :Big Grin: I heard the wipers are hitting and I'm with you...would like to catch one of those. Hope you get out there...and report back please!

Hoot951
05-14-2013, 09:08 PM
We were out in March. Not going to help the current bite, but we did see some areas where you can gain access from the surrounding streets. Use Google Maps, you'll find some stuff. I'd be sure to pay the small fee for the pass so as to not get harassed tho IMO. :Big Grin: I heard the wipers are hitting and I'm with you...would like to catch one of those. Hope you get out there...and report back please!

Maybe I drive down there next week and give it a few hours.

HOOK & BOOK
05-15-2013, 09:23 AM
I scouted around the lake before I fished it to find public access. The north side of the lake has the best access at all of the shore fishing beaches and at the beach near the launch ramp. The east side has no access along the Levee. The west side is mostly private and requires some sore of access or parking fee. The south side has one access point at Perret Park off Grand Ave.

Get the lake maps off the City of Lake Elsinore web site under the Lake section and you will see what I'm talking about.

I'll be scouting some more today on the north side to see if there is any public assess of a low cost access point.

trollmiester
05-15-2013, 03:03 PM
its suposed to be anice lake with cats and crappie. i heaed they cleaned it up took 1.2 millon pounds of carp out of there.

blackberg
05-15-2013, 08:25 PM
you can park at the stadium to acess the levy
-bb

HOOK & BOOK
05-16-2013, 03:03 PM
The levee is a long walk to where you can fish. Bring a bike

HOOK & BOOK
05-16-2013, 03:13 PM
I checked out the north side and there is no place to access the lake without at least a $10.00 fee and higher. I found another place on the west side closer to the northwest corner of the lake to launch. It's called Weekend Paradise. They charge $5.00 to launch and you can park close to the water. I fished from there today and only got 1 bluegill on a night crawler and one good size crappie while trolling a crank bait. There were carp all over the place breaking the surface all morning. There's not much structure on the west side.