PDA

View Full Version : 5/11/13 Toooobular report

FKNChristopH
05-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Before I go into my report.. All I have to say is.. WOW. Epic bite at the Vine.

Short Report:
Wet: 0640-1200
Temp: 68-71* F
Depth: 8-11 feet
Method of destruction: Performance Tackle wrapped Phenix M1 MX-S78M, BiteOn Macbites!

Long report:
Got to the lake to find no line at 545. Closest I've ever been to the front gate. I went inside the tackle shop to get the info and BiteON Macbites. Went back to the car and waited patiently for the gates to open. Proceeded to park my car near the launch ramp and blew up my tube and got my gear ready. Met up with Leo and got our game plan in order. We launched and headed for deeper water. I missed my bite at 8 and messed with a little bass action with no luck. Saw some action and proceed towards it. Threw my spinner bait doused with biteon cajun into the mix and the first (and biggest 8.2/New PB) cat slammed it with a vengeance. Nothing like pulling on a lunker cat with light bass gear. As I landed my fish, Aaron aka killa fish taco pulled up with mini fish taco and thats when the day got even better. Switched over to macbites and it was game over! Downloaded my limit by 1130, lots of missed bites and opportunities but it was all a good day. My new M1 phenix had the power to pull them from the weeds and out of cover. EPIC!

All in all, nothing beats fishing with good company, good vibes and good fishing. One of my best and funnest days on the water and Im glad I spent it with people I wouldnt hesitate to throw into the lake.

****Unfortunately, my gopro was dead when I got to the lake but I assure you, it will be charged for my morning trip tomorrow****

Insert photo isnt working so heres the direct link!
http://s12.photobucket.com/user/sebastian562/media/946963_10151646246713638_1738440643_n_zps65d7d359. jpg.html

Until next time.

*shakka*

Hooked Up
05-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Nice limit of cats! I guess they really did stock it! Thanks for the report!

DynoDan
05-13-2013, 06:38 PM
It was good fishing next to you !

VineVideos
05-14-2013, 07:09 AM
Hey Chris.... nice report and photo. Wow! Now that is a nice jag of big Catfish.

Regarding the GoPros, I have two of them and use them a lot in my work and for fun. Awesome tool. But keep an eye on their battery charge.
I charge them both fully each time I go to the lake. But I have one GoPro that wants to mysteriously turn itself on by the time I am ready to shoot.
I have a dead battery in the cam.

So keep an eye on them. Be sure they don't accidentally turn on before you get ready to shoot. You can also purchase extra batteries for them
to keep in your tackle box. I now have an extra for my two GoPros. Here is the link: http://gopro.com/camera-accessories/rechargeable-li-ion-battery/

Good fishin' and filmin'! And thanks for the report.

DJ