PDA

View Full Version : Quick run to Crowley and convict...5/10-5/11

cambofisher
05-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Got to Crowley at 630am and rented a boat to see if we could find some fish that was willing to play. Got into a pretty good bite at sometime bay I think that's what it's called. It's to the left of sandy point. Landed 10 rainbows and one brown all on nightcrawlers except for one that was caught on a droppshot power worm between the four of us. The bite died around 1-130pm and decided to go search for some sac perch. Found a decent amount of perch at beaver cove and landed about 20 or so on jigs tipped with crappie niblets. Returned the boat and cooked up some dinner and called a night. We camped out at the lake.
The next morning woke up early packed up our gear and made a run up to convict to see how it was fishing. Fished convict for 2 hours and caught 6 stockers all released on castmasters and super dupers. Left the lake at 10am for the long drive home and made it back in time to celebrate mothers day with my beautiful mom. It was a short trip but I enjoyed every minute of it cause I haven't been up to the Sierra in over 2 years.