PDA

View Full Version : 5/11/13 stripers and the heat

flyhigh123
05-13-2013, 10:43 AM
Made it out Saturday to the MID. Hit the water by 7:45am and went straight out the the B&W spot. On the way out saw TO trolling and waived hello. Got out to the first spot and saw DMS, dropped anchor and went to fishing. 1st hour, no bites, and then moved to another spot where TO was around. Picked up 3 at that spot, 2 dinks and 1 medium model. Kept 1 dink as it was gut hooked and bleeding profusely. The lake lice started coming in real thick at the area we were at and one of the boats was extremely rude to TO, but OFG set that guy straight. Pretty awesome.

I took off out of the area at noon as it didn't seem that the people there would let up and it was only getting louder.

Headed out to the main lake and found a spot. The anchoring was a bit difficult but got myself anchored after 3 tries. My buddies, who was fishless at that time, 1st cast and within 1 minute had a nice sized striper on, boated it, high fives, and his skunk was gone. At this spot, picked up i'm guessing 6-8 more stripers. I like this spot as normally all the fish are just bigger, all around 20-24". I lost one right at the boat as i did a dumb move. The fish wrapped around my other line, so i was trying to untangle the line, while keeping pressure and it cam unbuttoned. I should have netted it and dealth with the tangle afterwards. It was a consistent catch every 20-30 minutes. I think i ended the day with 9 in the boat. I think we would have had close to limits if we stayed a little longer and if it wasn't my friends first time getting

The heat was terrible that day. I was planning on bringing my bimini top, but in the morning didn't want to spend 20 minutes grabbing it out, so i paid for it in the sun. Was still an amazing day!

No pics this time.