PDA

View Full Version : My first smallie and some lagries! Good weekend

SHOOTER2496
05-12-2013, 09:43 PM
:Envious:
5/11/13
So i had to work saturday which was a bummer BUT i did happen to do some fishing on my lunch break.
I work at a golf course and you know.. golf course lakes sometimes hold bass. So i go to one of the little lakes and begin casting.
First cast, tap tap! Miss :Evil:
Next cast, let the lure sink and started the retrieve when BAM! fish on. The fish was putting up a pretty good fight, it jumped once and i couldnt believe what i hooked. A freakin' smallmouth!
My first smallie ever, badass looking fish.
While i was fighting in the smallmouth a largie comes out of nowhere and tries ripping the bait out of the smallies mouth. I landed the smallmouth and set him on the floor so i could recast for the largie. While my bait was sinking the bass nails it, this guy was putting up a show. He didnt want to stop jumping.
Hooking a smallie and a largemouth back to back made my day!
I ended my lunch break with 1 smallie, 4 largies and 2 big warmouth.

5/12/13
This morning my dad, little brother and i went to the good to try and nails some pigs. Tried throwing small swimbaits in the early morning but kept getting a lot of weeds. Its crazy how fast they came in, the bass seem to love it though. Once the sun came up we could see bass crusing the weed lines so we switched up our setups to something more weed friendly. Since it was mothers day we had to be back home early, we left the lake around 9:30.
Anyways back to the fishing, The fish were biting really aggressive this morning, i caught a 3.3 lber40675
and a 1.5lber.40676
My dad caught a big old bucket mouth, super dark. 40677
Sorry about the short report, super tired.
I had a blast out there with my dad and little bro, Overall great weekend.
Can't wait for next saturday :Twisted: