PDA

View Full Version : Skinner Mom's day

P.A.W.
05-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Water level is up a bit. Bluestoning cleared up some algae but there is enough trash floating around that it made trolling for stripers a real pain. Had to stop and clear the rig every few
minutes. Sooo started on Largemouth. Fish were real spooky and picky. Any fish I did catch were ones I couldn't see. Had to cast a good distance and be stealthy. Caught fish on Senkos
and spinnerbaits. Man, when they hit the blades it was vicious! I stopped at the inlet just out of curiosity, threw my Lucky Craft 110 pointer to see if any stripers were home. Got hit hard
by a bluegill. I think the lure was a long as the fish!

They need to open this lake to bow fishermen to get rid of some of these carp. Man, hundreds of 'em everywhere. By 11:30 I whimped out from the heat.

Askwhy
05-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Water level is up a bit. Bluestoning cleared up some algae but there is enough trash floating around that it made trolling for stripers a real pain. Had to stop and clear the rig every few
minutes. Sooo started on Largemouth. Fish were real spooky and picky. Any fish I did catch were ones I couldn't see. Had to cast a good distance and be stealthy. Caught fish on Senkos
and spinnerbaits. Man, when they hit the blades it was vicious! I stopped at the inlet just out of curiosity, threw my Lucky Craft 110 pointer to see if any stripers were home. Got hit hard

They need to open this lake to bow fishermen to get rid of some of these carp. Man, hundreds of 'em everywhere. By 11:30 I whimped out from the heat.

Pat you are a trooper and I for one really appreciate your reports on skinner as it gives us insite as to how the lake is doing. It also helps in my decision on taking the boat out as I like many hate the smell of skunk .

HawgZWylde
05-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Nice job Pat. I got on a blade bite there last year that was insane. I broke 3 blades that day. Big fish, big hits, and hard fights. We want to go there but hate dealing with the 7 dry days to get on tagged lakes again.

Thanks for the report...

Hardcor
05-12-2013, 06:01 PM

Thank's for the report P.A.W. your dew for one buddy, Hang in there !