PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Striper Day 5/11/13

DMS
05-11-2013, 07:26 PM
My mother is coming out from NC the week before striperfest and wants me to take her fishing. She is 75 years old and the last time she went fishing was before we lost dad in 1981. While she doesn't really like to tangle with the fish, I will force her to pull a few in! It would be nice for her to have been her on M.D. eve, but soon enough.

Got to the lake about 6 and was getting the boat ready and T/O himself pulls up right behind me. Usually he is first in line, but I think he just drove straight from another trip with Hardcorey. We shot the breeze about fishin' and got our boats ready and then we were off.

Launched with no delay and trolled a lap around the marina for nothing, but got a schooling in the channel on the way out. Ran around to look at some other spots and didn't find much on the meter so back up to my standby for another slay. We ended up with 12 stripers, 8 dinks and 4 catfish and were off the lake by 1:45. Good fishing and loved the double hookups with Lulu on either side of the boat (for 2 of our better fish). We saw a deer running around the shore too.

Nice day, nice weather... I saw some other folks that did really good in other places!!!

DMS

DMS
05-11-2013, 09:12 PM
And someone asked me if I was cut bait...even though my boat is not green... I said, "I'm NOT cut bait!"

MikesOcean
05-12-2013, 12:02 AM
Glad to hear you and the Mrs. are on them! Always makes it fun when there's action.
So cool you and the wife fish together!!

Bassfan
05-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Another solid day tells me the DMS crew is the darkhorse candidate to win Striperfest!
Your fishing skills come through week after week and I would not be surprised to see you in the hunt for a trophy.
Nice job…AGAIN!

TroutOnly
05-12-2013, 04:54 PM
dan it was nice to see you and lulu,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,,

cutbait
05-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Great report.

I am cutbait

DMS
05-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Bob it was great to see you too and shoot the breeze for a bit. Wish we had a little longer... We have to go fishin together again! Maybe we take you out next time!
Good job on getting some fish despite the lice. That guy in the loud brown jet boat must be compensating.
DMS

DMS
05-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Yes u r c.b. i am not and my boat is not green and there are no lost stripers under my deck. I told him cutbait was here last week.

DMS
05-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Another solid day tells me the DMS crew is the darkhorse candidate to win Striperfest!
Your fishing skills come through week after week and I would not be surprised to see you in the hunt for a trophy.
Nice job…AGAIN!

Thanks... Lulu got the big fish yesterday!