PDA

View Full Version : carp gear ?

I*B*CATCHIN
05-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Im going carping Will my surf gear work .....if not it will have to

Carptain_Bao
05-11-2013, 07:47 PM
surf gear will definitely give you enough strength to fight the carp. However,right gears for carp also depends on your fishing style. If you are flylining bread or whole kernel corns, surf gear probably won't give you good casting distance or the sensitivity. But for casting heavy weights or method feeders, surf gear should be fine. For flylining, go with light gears and 8 lb test. Good luck carping!

I*B*CATCHIN
05-15-2013, 05:22 AM
surf gear will definitely give you enough strength to fight the carp. However,right gears for carp also depends on your fishing style. If you are flylining bread or whole kernel corns, surf gear probably won't give you good casting distance or the sensitivity. But for casting heavy weights or method feeders, surf gear should be fine. For flylining, go with light gears and 8 lb test. Good luck carping!I'm totally a light gear surf guy shimano clarus slamon rod 9'0 ml &9'6"mh spinning , what other stuff should I invest in ....oh yeah is there a store in( LA )that has carp gear ...i have absolutely no idea what to get or what I'm doing

pasadenafishin
05-15-2013, 03:36 PM
That gear is actually pretty well suited to carp fishing. Go and get a can of whole kernel sweet corn and some mosquito hooks (NOT TREBEL HOOKS, THESE CAN PIN CARP's MOUTHS SHUT AND KILL THEM IN THE CASE OF A LINE BREAK). if youre having some trouble casting the corn out without a weight add a bb size split shot

I*B*CATCHIN
05-16-2013, 10:10 AM
That gear is actually pretty well suited to carp fishing. Go and get a can of whole kernel sweet corn and some mosquito hooks (NOT TREBEL HOOKS, THESE CAN PIN CARP's MOUTHS SHUT AND KILL THEM IN THE CASE OF A LINE BREAK). if youre having some trouble casting the corn out without a weight add a bb size split shot
I did the corn bread combo & tortilla solo for a skunk , but I know my carp is right around the corner ...what size hooks ?